Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Badgers are being culled in Doniford NOW

Discussion in 'Pet News' started by noushka05, Aug 25, 2013.

1. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

TA23 0TQ . I feel physically sick.

2. Knightofalbion

Knightofalbion PetForums VIP

So do I.

Disgusting.

3. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I hope they rot in hell, this is so sad and so unnecessary :(

4. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

This is so wrong I am so upset about this :(

Viv xx

5. LynnM

LynnM PetForums Senior

This is absolutely disgusting, I am so glad I don't live near so can't hear the guns going off. It must be so terrifying for them. God help them.

It is so wrong and so sick. Slaughter for slaughters sake.

6. noushka05

Ive a feeling this was a false alarm as Ive not heard anything more, loads of sabs are out in the cull zones so im sure it would have been verified. Unfortunately everyone is saying the killing is likely to begin tonight...praying with all my heart this turns out to be another false alarm.

7. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I do hope this has been a false alarm but sadly if they are hell bent on carrying out this despicable act it is going to happen eventually :(

8. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

I have read that a poor badger in cOVENTRY WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD,BY PERSONS UNKNOWN, A MAN FOUND IT DYING IN THE ROAD AND CALLED FOR HELP THE BADGER WAS HIT RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES WITH WHAT THEY THINK WAS A HIGH POWERED AIRGUN, ABSOLUTELY AWFUL THE POOR THING JAD TO BE PUT TO SLEEP, IT WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN[ Sorry just realised caps was on]

9. noushka05

They are Buffie, nothing is going to stop this arrogant corrupt government:(

Ive done another thread on that poor soul Jaycee:(

10. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

Oh right ,I will have a look, thanks

11. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Sadly Noushka I have just heard on the news that the cull is meant to be going ahead tonight although protesters are said to be out in force .
    What a sad night it is going to be :(

12. noushka05

Its heartbreaking, I cant believe its come to this:( Apparently there are 500 people out in each of the cull zones trying to stop the cull.

God lets hope they succeed.

13. DT

DT Banned

Yes, And this government are hellbent on going ahead!
    I hope that this is remembered when they ask us the mark the ballot papers with a X.

14. noushka05

I'll NEVER forget or forgive. :cursing:

15. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

Sorry cant find the thread about the poor badger,found in the road having been shot,i thought it said on the news the cull had started in Somerset on monday

16. Cheryl89

This is so disgusting. This encourages those SICK idiots out there who harm puppies/kittens and other animals to capture and torture and kill, they don't realise it won't just be licensed people eliminating them, I don't agree with it at all and already there's badgers behind found harmed/hurt and shot by air rifles!! Sicks bl--dy b@stards!

So mad :cursing:

17. noushka05

Sounds as though badgers were being killed in several places in Somerset last night, there were reports of shots heard all around Stogumber AND.... DOGS!!

there were reports of a badger covered in blood running across a field!

how can this ever be 'humane'?:( hell has been unleashed on these poor innocent creatures.

Here you are Jaycee >> http://www.petforums.co.uk/general-chat/322050-badger-found-dying-shot-between-eyes.html

They don't care Cheryl. They are all lacking of a moral conscience...they are all wildlife criminals!

18. LynnM

LynnM PetForums Senior

I can't think about this, it makes me feel sick to think what those poor frightened creatures must be going through. Their world has been turned upside down :( Some humans are despicable.

19. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

I have been following the badger cull on facebook, but read today that there is going to be a grey squirrel cull at Lizard point, by trapping, shooting and poisoning:eek:
    It is so that RED squirrels can be reintroduced, and says red and grey cant live together due to squirrel pox in the greys

#19 jaycee05, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  20. GeoffLondon

GeoffLondon PetForums Junior

I hate stuff like this. Near me (Epping Forest) they're about to do a cull of Red Deer because they're endangering motorists. You know what? I don't care. Red Deer were in these forests long before WE built the roads through. Humans have an uncanny way of just assuming Earth is ours, when it's not; it's every living creatures. How can we say 'Oh, we're keeping deer numbers level so humans aren't affected'?

It makes me SO mad. Drive more carefully. If you're worried about deer, don't take that route through the forest.

It's the same with these badgers. Because WE want to eat cows, and, therefore, have to farm them, it's the native creatures who suffer. It's horrible, misguided, and it's probably not even going to have the affect the farmers/government want. :crying:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice