Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bad tums

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rona, Jul 1, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

Both our dogs have got upset tums at the moment, not too bad with Alfie just a touch of colitis but really worrying with Muddy because of his past history.:(
    Luckily, we have a few drugs left from his last episode, earlier in the year
    We will be using a lot of rice over the next couple of days.
    Have any of your dogs got upset tums because of the heat?

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Yeah Dave has and my oh started an argument with me at his parents because I always make him do it when we are there (which is quite fair because I Always do it at home!).

x

3. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Both Harvey & Pippa have had upset tums because of the heat. Not nice to clean up! :(

4. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Yes our puppy has had an upset tum a few days after we got her so we took her to the vet and the vet gave her some Royal canin chicken and rice wet food and some Pro-Kolin and it cleared up nicely although she has gone a bit looser again since mixing a bit of puppy nature diet (the food we hope to feed her) with the Royal Canin.

5. Mine seldom have bad tums! BUT! we have noticed when we go to the coast that the youngest does have lose or loser bowl movements for the first few days! We have put this down to the water!!
    Also - to anyone who leaves food down during the warmer weather ( I never do hot or cold) to remove after a short time if not eaten.
    DT

6. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

As my dog was diagnosed with colitis in March I have been adding Protect to his evening meal and so far he has been o.k I would recommend this to anyone as it is a probiotic

7. rona

rona Guest

Ours always get a bit loose after the beach.
    Alfie is now on fish and rice for a few days and Muddy has to have Sulphasalazine tablets as soon as it's noticed and a trip to the vet if it last a couple of days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice