Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Bad month to be a Butcher ( Warning )

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rottiepointerhouse, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

In your opinion.

I will decide for myself what my 'cause', if any, should be.

anachronism likes this.
  2. rottiepointerhouse

rottiepointerhouse PetForums VIP

No I really don't "need" to accept any such thing. That is censorship and I will never stop speaking the truth even if upsets people. You all know by now what I am likely to post so put me on ignore or just stop reading my threads if my graphic language upsets you. How can I possibly blackmail anyone on a forum?

Lurcherlad and noushka05 like this.
  3. rottiepointerhouse

Yes in my opinion, we are posting our opinions, you included.

noushka05 likes this.
  4. anachronism

anachronism PetForums VIP

So you don't want censorship but advise me to block or ignore you?
    You expect everyone to listen to you and your views but won't even entertain anyone elses. Very hypocritical and I thought you had more to you than that.

5. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

The trouble is all these threads end up with people who aren’t really interested saying ‘ah but’ and then justifying what they do. Which ends up with people being provoked into giving more detail and going graphic with it to try to explain why they think you can’t say ‘ah but’.

Saying ‘people should have the choice, it’s not up to you’

Leads to ‘the animals don’t have a choice’

To ‘I eat organic/eggs/dairy and like to see cows’

To why you shouldn’t with more graphic detail

To the organic/eggs/dairy eater being offended.

They’re all the same threads however well meaning they start out and I don’t think that’s entirely down to RPH. :eek:

6. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Boiling the cashews for approx. 15mins will give better results if you don't have a high powered blender. I have a hpb myself but trial and error using other peoples blenders whist demonstrating how to make non diary milks/sauces I have found boiling the nuts first gives a smooth result if the blender is not so powerful.
    I can`t bear any type of milk myself so either drink herbal tea or those best served without milk anyway like Earl Grey. I can drink coffee made with plant milk when out but cannot bear to make coffee at home and use milk - nowt as queer as folk as they say:)

Regarding feeding my dogs or cats a vegan diet no its not something I would do. My dogs, I cannot stop saying dogs! It is just dog now but I can`t get used to talking about him as a singleton, would most definitely eat prey if left to survive on his own. I would not attempt to feed my elderly cats a vegan diet. However I will not be owning any more dogs or cats after my current beauties have passed away because I increasingly dislike that another animal has to die in order to feed mine. I would only own rescue dogs or cats and the idea of having to return them because they were not thriving on a vegan diet despite my efforts is just abhorrent and of course would not happen so I would be back to feeding dead animals to mine and feeling uneasy about it!

7. rottiepointerhouse

Censhorship
    "Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information, on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient"

You are trying to tell me what I can post and how I can word it thereby you are trying to censor me. I am suggesting if you find what I post objectionable then you have the option not to read my threads or to put me on ignore. That does not interfere with your enjoyment of the forum whereas you are trying to interfere with mine. I'm not sure how that is hypocritical.

Lurcherlad and noushka05 like this.
  8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

How exactly is that patronising!?o_O Im just asking if you would still feel the same if you had to do the actual killing (which you avoided answering...sneaky you!!! ;) and yes, that was patronising!).
    And the cause is just to open peoples eyes to what they are putting in their bodies and how it gets there. How can anybody be againest knowledge??
    If you acknowledge the cruelty and are fine with it then there is no point promoting anything and so be it.;)

9. anachronism

I know full well what censorship is but thanks for more patronising. I'm not trying to tell you what to post, merely not to be hurt and feel attacked when others disagree with you because they have the right to feel that way and to call you out on it.

Rafa likes this.
  10. rottiepointerhouse

Oh boy it seems if I say black is white I'm being patronising. You are trying to tell me how to word my posts because they might be upsetting - that is censorship. I said I was hurt by the comments that one fellow vegan poster made, I am not remotely hurt by any other posts in this thread and that poster is more than capable of sticking up for herself without your input. "Call me out" or whatever other term you want to use on what you like but you won't change me or what I am standing up for and it won't stop me describing what happens to animals because people are happy to pay for their body parts or secretions. You accused me of guilt tripping once before when I asked you how you would feel if it were kittens, you have repeatedly told me that we will never agree and that is fine yet here you are again trying to tell me what I can post and how. I can only repeat to you that if you find me or my posts upsetting please feel free to ignore me either by using the ignore function or by not reading my posts.

noushka05 likes this.
  11. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I can only speak for myself but if it came down to me having to kill animals so my dogs could continue to eat meat or feed them a vegan diet then I would kill animals. I's not something I would like to do but they are carnivores & I believe need to eat meat for a variety of reasons; health & pleasure.

12. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Not to be nitpicky (well...totally nitpicky!LOL) but dogs are actually omnivores thanks to 30-40,000 yrs of hanging around with us!
    Just curious but do you feel the same about yourself? Would you still eat meat/dairy if you had to kill it yourself?
    I grew up in a hunting and fishing family which was necessary as we couldnt afford meat but now my family just shoots clay targets and does catch and release fishing as they dont want to kill the animals....they still have that disconnect though where they dont consider the pint of milk or pork chop on the shelf as the same thing!:rolleyes:

13. anachronism

No that is what you call nonsensical. Black is black and white is white. What was patronising was explaning to me a word that I already know and is known by most adults. Therefore making out I was too stupid to understand the meaning.

If anyone is trying to censor you it is 02. Though you are frankly being hysterical if a polite request to not put such graphic images in their head is censorship. And I am sure that 02 is capable of sticking up for themselves but why should I not support them? 02 seems a very nice poster

I have gone through my posts on this thread and cannot find an instance of me trying to censor you. Only that you need to accept other people have views different to your own. Not in the slightest bit censorship

And stop telling me to block you. I won't. Because that would be censoring you.

And without going through my posts I am pretty sure I didn't accuse you of guilt tripping when you brought kittens up. I imagine I said I would be a hypocrite if I was agaisnt people eating cats as I eat animals myself.

14. rottiepointerhouse

Yes black is black and white is white and so is murder murder and cruelty cruelty. We can dress it up in pretty language like harvesting or ethical or humane but it is what it is.

It was on the Million Dollar Vegan thread if you want to go back and look but if you can't be bothered you replied this to my post where amongst many other things I asked whether you would feel differently if it was kittens being gassed or thrown in a blender

"We obviously have different views and I shall bow out here I think. I don't agree with using emotive language and guilt tripping in order to try and police other peoples diets. This attitude is why people have issues with vegans".

I do accept other people have different views to my own. I can't force you to accept my opinion and you can't force me to accept yours. I listen and read what other people say and then I reply with my view which is what usually happens in a discussion or debate isn't it? As long as victims are involved I will not be quiet or mind my language for fear of upsetting people. Frankly I find it distasteful that you take such issue with the language I use and not the practice being committed. I have not read one condemnation by you of the practice of grinding up live male chicks. By refusing to block me you are unfortunately just going to have to put up with my descriptive language because that is who I am and what I stand for.

Wild With Roxi and noushka05 like this.
  15. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Yes.

However, what I'm not doing is trying to force my opinion on others and telling them what their chosen 'cause' should be.

anachronism likes this.
  16. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I would dispute that dogs are omnivores, there is plenty of research to show that they are actually carnivores ... but it's not B&W .

I am vegan-ish as I sometime eat eggs from my chooks. Personally I have found that people who do hunt/fish for their own food tend to have a better understanding & consideration for what they are eating rather than blindly go to a local supermarket & choose the cheapest stuff regardless of the ethics/welfare concerns.

AlexPed2393, HarlequinCat and O2.0 like this.
  17. rottiepointerhouse

Really - it read to me like you were trying to tell her being vegan is "her cause" as below

"Your patronising, holier than thou approach does nothing to promote your cause."

I'm saying it isn't just "her cause" .

Again I haven't seen you condemn grinding up chicks alive just taking issue with the way people word their posts. What is your view on what the egg industry do to 30-40 million male chicks every year in the UK?

noushka05 likes this.
  18. anachronism

You won't read what I haven't written

19. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Funny....Id dispute they are carnivores based on the science!;) Dogs have adapted to be able to process and digest vegetable matter and convert or retain nutrients out of it which true carnivores cant do.

Not sure why people are getting on to RPH though.o_O All those people feeling personally attacked out there please remember that she is sitting behind a computer screen many miles away from you! Its ridiculously easy for you to just close the thread and walk away.
    Besides surely if you disagree with someone advocating saving animals doesnt that make your position one of being for animal cruelty and abuse?? (strange mindset for a pet forum!). What makes me sad is that I havent heard any of the people attacking RPH disagreeing with the cruelty aspect of the discussion.
    Its almost like by creating a sense of moral outrage you can ignore the real moral outrages being inacted everyday....by most of us.:(

Wild With Roxi, noushka05 and Elles like this.
  20. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

I really take exception to that.

I have no problem with anyone advocating saving animals at all. What I object to is a graphic description in the middle of a thread where you read it before you realise.

I spent many years very active in dog rescue, travelling thousands of miles to pick up dogs and take them onto their new homes. I often had several at a time in my house until the right home came along.

Does that give me the right to insist that everyone does the same and post graphic descriptions and videos of dog cruelty/abuse to shock others?

How dare you state that anyone who doesn't want to see or hear this type of account, because they find it too distressing, is pro animal cruelty and abuse?

anachronism likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice