Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

bad influence?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Jay-Nitro, May 7, 2010.

1. Jay-Nitro

Jay-Nitro PetForums Junior

ok so, chewy got a wifey a couple of weeks ago some of you may have seen the pics. she is only 10 weeks old now. she has taken it upon herself to start destroying the corners of the walls in their room (the dining room) so I am going to have 2 try fix this up with a fresh layer of paint which i guess isnt so bad except that shes chewed the paper away down to the plaster underneath! so, untill she gets a bit older, spayed, and litter trained we have decided to only have her free ranging when were at home, just the same as chewy when he was a baby really.

now this morning, went downstairs to find he has now ripped a load of wallpaper off!!!! is she a bad influence on him??? could he be doing this because he is frustrated that she is in the cage and he wants her to be out with him??? or is he just being a bunny!

have bought some chew stop spray, am going to patch the walls up this weekend and then spray round the edge of the room but somehow i get the feeling this wont stop them :mad:

.......the things we put up with for little furballs!!! I couldnt get angry with them if i wanted to!

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

have they got plenty of things to chew, bunny toys willow stick screwed up newspaper? this should distract them. I wonder if the wall papers tasty. if it continues and you still want them inside, I would buy some clear acrylic and put on top of the skirting to the height they can no longer reach. rabbits can also be trained not to do things, if miffy ever went near the tv I would just clap or say no and she wouldnt go near again, this takes a lot of time tho, some poeple also squirt with a garden water sprayer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice