Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

:/ bad experience on a walk

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SophieCyde, Apr 4, 2011.

1. SophieCyde

SophieCyde PetForums VIP

I was walking murphy today and we saw a beautiful 3-legged german shepherd , she trotted over to murphy to say hello and for some reason he was terrified of her :(

He pannicked and started really running away , and her owner tried to stroke him and he was literally terrified , the dog never did anything ot provoke this reaction either did its owner , they were both lovely and the man put his dog straight on the lead and apologised but I don't know what made him so frightened , he really worked himself up and seemed depressed on the walk home , he's ok now but I am baffled as to what was wrong with him? :(

I don't know if her having 3 legs frightened him because he:(r footsteps were louder or something but I really don't know .... dogs are so confusing sometimes :nono:

2. beary_clairey

beary_clairey PetForums VIP

Bella is a bit like that especially when she was a pup. Something has spooked her and she has taken off across the park heading for the car.

Its not funny when they react like that.

Maybe next time you see them keep Murphy on a lead and give him some treats so he associates that dog with something nice?

3. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

I think it probably was the fact that she had three legs, it makes them walk in a kind of jumpy way doesn't it?

Must have been a scare for you too with him running away :eek: at least the owner was nice an put her back on a lead.
    Poor Murphy though - bless him. Hope it doesn't put him off of dogs but I doubt it will. ;)

4. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

Aww, I'm sorry.

We met two women with goldens on the weekend, one was missing a nose. He'd had nasal cancer and they literally cut it from his face. Biscuit didn't mind a bit, but I was taken aback at first. I had one of those shock jolt freeze thingys and I'm sure it showed on my face before I caught myself. :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice