Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

bad dog breath

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Eolabeo, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

:eek: itsa killa lol.

my dog ethel has the cleanest teeth around but she still has the worse breath EVER.

can anybody give me some idea's apart from teeth cleaning which may help improve her killer breath :D

i give her dental sticks and mint sticks and raw hides but they ain't doing nothing.

help im desparate lol.

2. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Hello - I use Charcoal powder in my dogs dinners - its more for digestion but I have found it helps to prevent bad breath - I buy it from dog shows - they also sell it on Ebay...hope that helps.

3. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

or try looking in the pet shop, im sure i have seen something in there, cant remember who made it,

4. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

ty for your replys, i will check out both of what you's suggested.
    her breath really is bad, i can smell it when she comes over to great me and her mouth aint even open :eek:
    for a dog of her age it should'nt be that bad surely.
    her teeth are lovely and iv'e also checked down her throat to make sure nothing is stuck down ther coz her rawhides sometimes stay in her throat so i checked her throat everytime she's eaten a treat like that.

apart from old age in ur dogs is there anyone out there whos young dog has bad breath aswell ? my one with the breath is 17 months.

5. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

sounds interesting, i might give that a go

6. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Its good stuff - it also stops bottom burps from smelling, which is always a good thing LOL

7. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

oooooo im deffo gonna get some lol.

lol @ bottom burps...thats a new 1 haha

8. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

Ditto the above lol...
    :D

9. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

hehehe.

im gonna check out ebay to get some coz to tell the truth, i donno how much more of that breath i can take lmfao
    also my old girl atlanta needs it to stop farts..ops i mean bottom burps haha teeheehee

10. Magik

Magik Guest

you suffer from bad breath too?

11. guyblaskey

guyblaskey PetForums Newbie

This is a little biased because I do work for the company, but at Pooch and Mutt we have just launched a product called "Hollywood Smiles" which helps with bad breath. You can find out more and buy it (UK only) Pooch & Mutt - apologies for the blatant plug of the products, but if they help I hope you will forgive me.

12. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

I also use a product called Plaque Off - thats fab stuff too......:)

13. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

im going to have a look at that also.
    the more ideas i get the better coz if one product dont work then at least i can try the next lol.

gonna write all these ideas down and keep em just incase :D

14. michele

michele PetForums Newbie

wow thats a good tip Debbie will look for that on ebay! I have a DDB also no bad breath but its those lower burps!!!! your pup is soooo cute!!

15. carol

carol PetForums VIP

some of mine have that i give them mint or xtra stronge mints they love them and it helps the other end as well no more smelly farts that peels the wallpaper off
    they only have 1 but not every day

16. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

lol.
    yer mine love extra strong mints, then again, they like everything lol.
    bunch of pigs all mine :eek:

17. jhgold

jhgold PetForums Newbie

apart from old age in ur dogs is there anyone out there whos young dog has bad breath aswell ? my one with the breath is 17 months.[/QUOTE]

Not wanting to scare you or anything but does Ethel drink lots and wee lots too?
    Our 6 month old got really bad breath which turned out to be an indicator for kidney problems.
    If you are in any doubt go see your vet.

I really hope I have not worried you unnecessarily but I wouldn't want you to go through what we are going through and it might help to check it out.

18. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

I have heard some foods we feed our dogs play a part in our dogs breath. Sorry cant help more mine likes parsley though i add it chopped to his food.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice