Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bad Day

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ellie8024, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

I cant believe it but someone who came to see a kitten reported me to the SSPCA (I have my suspicions as to who it was). Thankfully the inspector could find nothing wrong with any of my cats or with the kittens and actually agreed that i was doing the right thing.

Anyone that doesnt know about the mummy cat and kittens.. i got a cat that was advertised as unnutered and would produce lovely kittens. I got her as i didnt want her to go to a byb only to find out that she was pregnant.

I know i have done nothing wrong but its rather upsetting that someone would say i was neglecting my cats and seriously has dented my confidence helping other cats in the future in case someone does the same thing again

2. The Twins

The Twins PetForums Senior

Oh no. On what basis was she reporting you??

3. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Spolit rotten cats probably ;)

There's always someone Im afraid :frown: We had the RSPCA round a few years ago as we treat all our furry purry paws very badly & the spots are kept in the dark damp celler :rolleyes: turned out it was my x :mad:

Dont let them put you off & as you say the SSPCA are happy with you :) x

4. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

according to the inspector the complaint was that the kittens were in bad condition and my cats were neglected but i was told i have lovely healthy animals

:D thanks daily banjo, yeah they are seriously spoiled

#4 ellie8024, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  5. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Some people are spiteful and daft, you know you're doing the right thing, the inspector knew you were doing the right thing, and the cat and kittens have better lives because of you. Ignore whoever reported you, they clearly don't know a thing!

6. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

I agree, forget about them, and don't let them win by stopping what you do for animals.

7. jeblee

jeblee PetForums Junior

Don't worry about it, there are some people who just feel the need to complain and interfere. When I was 10 somebody knocked on our door and asked me if we had a brown dog as she'd found one, being 10 and thinking our 'black' dog was in the back garden I said no. Next thing we know the RSPCA turns up at the door saying they've had a report that we were neglecting our dog as she'd known all along it was ours. Sheba was a bit doo-lally and managed to escape out of the gate about half an hour earlier and I hadn't noticed, once my parents got home and explained what happened the RSPCA was satisified that there was nothing wrong, just a mistake. Thing is these people just waste their time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice