Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bad Day At Work

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MissBexi, Mar 23, 2011.

1. MissBexi

MissBexi PetForums VIP

I tell you now, Dog Grooming is not what it is cracked up to be... Firstly this morning we had a hairy mammoth of a dog and after the first touch of the clippers they came alive, by they I mean the fleas.. I'm not kidding this dog was crawling in them. A really bad infestation. The dog was last in our salon last June, when it had fleas then. Sadly despite us frontlining the dog the previous groom and explaining to them that their home will need to be de-flead it appears they ignore it all... :( So as if it felt like my skin wasn't crawling enough, in the afternoon we had a dog in just getting nails done. I was only holding the dog while my boss did the nails, poor girl was soo nervous. I noticed her skin had a lot of bald patches and when the owner returned we asked what was wrong with her skin, only to be told she had mange :eek: I couldn't believe it.. We mentioned how that is potentially contagious however he said he wasn't aware of this :confused: Thankfully, once I got home, and disinfected myself, I quickly researched the mange just to be sure and thankfully she had the non contagious one.. You'd never believe how relieved I was lol.. What a day...

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

How can people be so sily, I would be to embarressed!

I was embaressed enough when i had to send Millie for her annual booster / check up looking like a unicorn because she ran into our fence at home whilst playing with my sisters Staffy! She looked like a unicorn (We called her Unicorn for nearly a month afterwards!) I was so scared the vet would think we were beating her up!

Hope youve had a nice hot shower :) Tomorrow is another day:)

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

arghh I dont envy you that kind of day!!!

4. MissBexi

MissBexi PetForums VIP

I know.. I would be so embarrassed too.. However neither owner seemed to care. The owner of the flea bag didn't believe us at first when we told her, once again, that the fleas will be living in her house.. I thankfully had the best shower in the world lol, and have tomorrow off... Bonus :001_smile:

5. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Just reading that has got me scratting... :yikes:

Bobby has longer hair than the weims.. and I consciously am always checking him.. Just frightened the blighters will fancy him.. :eek:

6. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

Eww!! I hate fleas... and bringing a dog to a salon without telling you it had mange... ugh

7. MissBexi

MissBexi PetForums VIP

I must admit that before I got into dog grooming, fleas really didn't bother me, I don't remember our labs every having them.. But ever since I saw my first proper flea infestation it's really freaked me out lol. I had to go to a seminar on fleas and ticks and omg they had videos of the little bugs running around.. It was awful.. Least I know we've done all we can for the dog. Hopefully now he's had some frontline and the owner gets her act together, he'll be fine :) And at least he left the salon like a dog and not a wholly mammoth lol

8. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Eww that's gross :( this is the part of dog grooming that I am not looking forward to :( :eek:

9. MissBexi

MissBexi PetForums VIP

Yeah it's not the greatest part of dog grooming but you get some satisfaction from it, you've made the owner aware of a problem that could make the dog seriously ill...That's the first step to getting rid of the problem :) Fingers crossed there will be a creepy crawly free day tomorrow lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice