Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bad case of GMR

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Petitepuppet, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

Ahhh I need help!!! Just seen an ad online advertising some hairless male rats and they arnt to far from me. Trying to tell myself that I really dont need anymore rats.......but then I am thinking I do have the space, I can afford them and omg how do I stop myself!!!????

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

*Dictated to TDM by Merlin*

Hi, I think you need to get some little ratties, we are lovely and snuggly and our skin feels like warm suede, we are so helpful and fun to be around, I even offered to type this for mummy but I couldnt reach the keyboard :(. You know you need some baldy boys dont you :yesnod:.

[​IMG]

3. Petitepuppet

Oh no please dont do this to me:eek:. Trying my very hardest not to send a reply to the add......trying very hard!

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Ohh ok I wont tell you how lovely their skin feels and that my hairless rats have been the sweetest natured rats Ive ever been owned by, and I wont tell you that Pierce is cuddled up to me right now watching me type, no I wont tell you any of that :nono:. Hehe seriously though hun, mine are rescues and I dont know how I feel about breeding hairless rats with their greater health risks. Are these rescues or breeder rats.

5. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

TDM you are so mean!

Though she has a point!!! Just think...they could go to anyone...people who won't really love them! You don't want that do you?? :eek: ;)

6. Icky

Icky PetForums Junior

haha xD i gave in and got a male today
    Black Berkshire Dumbo Hairless.

I wonder if it's the same breeder that i got mine from, Where abouts are they :p?

7. Awww! The answer to your problem is... Get them!

It's the only way to cure GMR; until it strikes again. D:

8. ceretrea

ceretrea PetForums Senior

I wanted 3 rats to start with and ended up with 7, now I have 14 and two more on the way. There's no hope :p

9. princesslea

princesslea PetForums Member

He he me two, this time last year i had two rats, I now have 8 and another on the way!! So...I would say you only live once, if it makes you happy go for it!!! GMR is rife here in Manchester at the mo lol xx

10. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

:yikes:

I do not need any details for this add.. :eek: Im struggling with my Own GMR..

But the poor little ones need a home..:cryin:

11. Petitepuppet

I have had a very long think about this and have decided to put off getting anymore rats for a wee while, even tho these guys look good enough to eat!

12. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

If I get a case of GMR, I just think of the vet bills :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice