Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

bacon...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by littleBichon, Apr 5, 2011.

1. littleBichon

littleBichon PetForums Member

Harry pinched a rasher of bacon this morning and now he doesnt seem to well, hes been sick a kind of yellow and done two poos whilst i was out.. hes picking up now but im panicking. Is bacon dangerous to dogs? He'd eaten 3/4's of the rasher before i noticed and took it from him. He has perked up now and is running around like normal, not interested in drinking any water even though ive tried..

:(

#1 littleBichon, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  2. kimdelyse

kimdelyse PetForums Senior

Flo eats bacon...only little bits that I share from my breakfast. Maybe in the quantity that Harry managed to pinch it was a tad too salty for him. Sounds like he's got it out of his system though and id feeling better. Unless anyone corrects me, I shouldn't worry :)

Oh was it cooked? If it was raw, it still shouldn't be harmfull but loose stools are normal when (purposely!) introducing a raw diet.

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Probably the salt or the fat that had that effect
    Glad he seems back to rights now :)

4. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

Has he eaten any other pork products with similar effects? Just wondering as Solo seems to be intolerant of pork (inc pigs skin / ears etc) - gives him a dodgy tummy, funny coloured pooh etc.

5. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Sounds like a salt overload, don't worry too much but keep a close eye and encourage him to drink water.

6. littleBichon

It was cooked, hes never had pork products before but he is quite a sensitive dog with things.. hes back to being his inquisitive little self. Ill just keep my eye on him like you all suggest I keep popping him down infront of his water but hes not too interested in it... I shall persevere.

Thank you all for your responses. I really started to panic!!

7. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Try giving him some ice cubes to play with. He may just lick them, but even that's getting some fluid into him, but hopefully he'll eat them :) Or tonight, mix a good amount of water in with his dinner.

8. littleBichon

Genius! He loves ice cubes, i used to give him them when he was teething. God knows why i didnt think of that! Hes batting one around the floor as we speak :thumbup:

9. mushymouth

mushymouth PetForums Senior

My boxer girl had a chicken body carcass this morning it was from our Sunday dinner and I'm assuming some cats had been through the bin as it was on the floor...she spotted it before I did and ran off but i commanded her to 'leave it' and she dropped it straight away.
    I was quite impressed as i would have classed that a quite a high value thing for her to drop readily

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice