Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Back leg lump removal surgery

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Pixie123, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Pixie123

Pixie123 PetForums Newbie

My little guy has a lump on his back leg, about 5cm above his paw. It’s quite big but the vet thinks it’s just a cyst. Because of where it is it needs to be removed because if it grows any bigger it will split the skin. Has anyone had a dog with a lump removed on such a tight area of skin? Even though he’s 8.5 years he’s incredibly active. I know we can’t go for long walks in the countryside but he’s a Yorkie/Cairn cross and I’m more concerned about how much he jumps. I’ll happily carry him up and down the sofa and bed, but he’s so fast I would rather stack pillows or something so he can get where he wants to be. I can’t find anything about lumps being removed from tight skin areas online. Thanks in advance! Jess

Attached Files:

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Honestly. I would be putting guards up, so that he can't jump. A little pen area in the room you are in most will protect from too much activity.
    The recovery time seems so long but a little upset will be worth it when he's dashing about again.

3. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Good idea from @rona - when my boy had cruciate surgery I leaned some puppy pen panels up against the sofa so he could be loose in the room without being able to jump on the sofa.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice