Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Back from the vets with Tucker

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nukawin, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Nukawin

Nukawin PetForums Member

Tucker's been having some dental issues so a couple of weeks ago we (me and my dad, I can't drive) brought him in for a general health check. The nurse commented that she was worried about his heart because I also mentioned that he coughs frequently.

I would have got him in sooner if we weren't in a financial fix, anyways my mum gave me some money for my savings and instead I decided to get Tucker in again so the vet could listen to his heart (he was growling too much at the nurse so she couldn't hear his heart).

Needless to say Tucker was alot better behaved with the vet, he was even quite excited to be there (usually he hates the vets and cries when he's in the waiting room, but he was bouncing about excited).

Abit too excited as the vet couldn't hear his heart well either. She did say his murmur didn't sound like it got any worse tho, and she was surprised to hear that his lungs sounded clear. He still needs dental work but I mentioned to the vet that he doesn't respond well to anaesthetic and putting him under again was my greatest concern, I already lost one dog this year and it would kill me if I lost him too... :(

The vet thinks it could be something wrong with his throat that is causing his coughing. He's been sent home with a 10-day course of Prednicare and Corvental tablets. Next week he'll be going back for a check up to see if he's well enough to go under. He might need to be sedated for a chest xray if the medicine doesn't help, if it does tho it's just a matter of getting his teeth sorted!

Otherwise he's pretty fit and active for a 12-year-old, and he's showing no signs of slowing down! The best thing about todays check up was Tucker was surprisingly well behaved, all previous times he needed a muzzle but today he only growled once but he didn't need a muzzle. :)

2. LouLatch

LouLatch PetForums VIP

Aww poor Tucker! Its horribe to see your pets unwell.

My cat had to have a dental and i was worried about her being put under as she is 13yrs old, but all was fine.

Lets hope the tablets work then he wont have to have an anaesthetic. Hope hes better soon!!! :)

3. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Such a worry when they get old :(

Hope Tucker responds to the pills

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice