UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would have went yesterday, but my dad was gone all day (and he had the car with him) :mad:

I couldn't go on Monday, the bank I keep money in isn't open on Mondays (and they don't use ATM machines) :closedeyes:

Anyway, they've said it’s just a bad knock he’s had that’s caused some swelling and to keep an eye on it. They weren't concerned about the baldness of his hocks, but they said the swelling should recover in a couple of weeks but if not they may have to intervene.

So hopefully it will go down again. He had me worried with his behaviour at the vets, behind the reception desk he was barking and growling at them but when they came out he was bouncing around them and very happy to see them, he was rewarded with treats, lots of treats, :rolleyes: lol

At the time he was barking/growling, my dad said to reassure him but I had to explain that giving him attention would reward the unwanted behaviour so I had to ignore him while he was doing it, I felt bad about it tho :eek:

Usually it’s the quiet, nervous dogs that are more unpredictable, and Ripley is insanely nervous (he got freaked out over a sign outside the vets, and inside the vets a picture of a Corgi got him worked up). I also asked the vet to check if his microchip was in, as when he was getting it he struggled alot and I never got the receipt… Good news is it is in! So that’s one less worry.

We also explained to them about Tucker and his anaesthetic problems, she wants him back in to try and listen to his heart herself, to see how bad the murmur is (we were told it was a Grade 2 murmur, but it could have got worse with age) - So we’ll be bringing him back wither he likes it or not :lol:.

I’m relieved Ripley’s lump is more of an injury swelling, just have to hope now that it goes down. :)

According to mum, while Ripley was gone, Milo was sitting at the back door howling his heart out, poor pup.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ive got a puppy with a swollen hock joint she is driving me mad as she is on bed rest for a week and trying to stop her being a puppy is proving to be impossible so were just limiting puppy behaviour!

Hope ripley is back to himself very soon! Its horrible when you find something wrong with them! I think sometimes the dogs are more worrying than the kids!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got a puppy with a swollen hock joint she is driving me mad as she is on bed rest for a week and trying to stop her being a puppy is proving to be impossible so were just limiting puppy behaviour!

Hope ripley is back to himself very soon! Its horrible when you find something wrong with them! I think sometimes the dogs are more worrying than the kids!
Aww poor pup! I hope her hock heals up soon!! Ripley's 3 so he's not such a puppy anymore but he's still just as hyper! Going to try and restrict his bouncing, it might help his recovery!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Aww poor pup! I hope her hock heals up soon!! Ripley's 3 so he's not such a puppy anymore but he's still just as hyper! Going to try and restrict his bouncing, it might help his recovery!
She is getting better with the bed rest just driving everyone mad with the barking and digging at the bars on her crate!

Vets just rang me back as were all going crazy with her locked up so he has said try taking her out for a 5 min lead walk before bed to help tired her out and just keep a very close eye on her swollen hock if the swelling gets worse to stop walking her and take her back to the vets. She has had 4 days being in the crate all day and night except for going to the toilet when she is on a lead makes for a very very hyper pup she doesnt even feel any pain so doesnt want to stay off it :rolleyes:

good luck restricting his bouncing i havent found a way to do this with Tails yet :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.