Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Baby Roo stayed in vet

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Funky, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

I knew something was t right-thankfully I have gift to look at my bunnies and know.
    He is not excited about his food -he never was.he doesn't run to it straight away and he eats in stages. His food from the morning has gone.when I went to his room he was hiding while usully he sits in the middle of room and runs.hw let me to pick him up which usually is real struggle.
    On the end he was shaking his head so I called emergency and took him to vet.
    His stomach is swollen and they are keeping him in. He will have metacam, Zantac, fluids, syringe feeding etc.
    I am worry about my little boy. I told vet I call her about 2am when my puppies will wake me up.

2. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Called vet and he is not eating yet but apparently his tummy feels more relaxed.

3. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Still not eating on his own and no poops. Vet said he looks bright and she thinks it will take more time. He is syringe feeding.

4. loukodi

loukodi PetForums Senior

Oh no poor baby roo!
    I hope he is on the road to recovery now xx

5. Lopside

Lopside PetForums VIP

Rabbits are so stressful! :)

6. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

I hope he regains his appetite this morning, I have my fingers crossed for him.

7. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Called them again-still nothing.
    Vet is going to examine him and for me a call-she is takin over from night shift.
    I am worry he may have blockage as he chews everything-we have noticed the other day that he ripped off wallpaper -didnt look like he has eaten it though.
    Omg why is it taking so long? How long does he have if he won't start pooping?
    I see how it goes today but if situation won't be changing I will ask for X-ray (they said they would do it if they feel is necessary). I hope he gets better soon.

8. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Although he hasn't passed any feases yet, vet can feel them -yesterday tummy was swollen and no signs of any poops inside.
    She said he is very bright and seems ok. Thy are quite happy with his recovery. He is still on syringe feeding. He doesn't have any greens so they cannot give him kale or cabbage to see if he will be eating that (this is usually good trick).
    At that moment all good news. His tummy is not fully relaxed but 90% better than last night.

9. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

Only just seen this, sorry.

It sounds like little Roo is on the improve, and that things are on the move again. Brilliant that you picked it up so quickly. Hopefully, the poo will show itself soon.

What a worry they are.

10. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Poop is there -I am just waiting to pick him up:D
    Well we will be ripping off wallpaper tonight. Only one room at home with wallpaper as a feature wall-wont be anymore;)

11. helebelina

helebelina PetForums Senior

Yahay for poops! ;) Sending healing vibes for little Roo. xx

12. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

Poops!!!!

Brilliant news!! So glad he is coming home.

13. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

Fabulous news, how is he now.

14. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

:D so glad he's on the mend!

15. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

He seems fine-lots of poos in his cage, he ate all his food, was eating eat and doing binky:D
    Thank you everybody!
    We are going away for a way in two weeks time exactly and I am bit worry-even of I know Heidi is going to look after them-I am worrying as he didn't show any specific signs of not being well-his food from morning has gone, he is not excited on his pellets so he doesn't run to eat as soon as you put them (I have noticed that you need to leave room and than he goes to his bowl so I am checking on him like that now), he was lying with his back leg stretched (usually other bunnies sitting like "chickens" I call that-in the corner) -the only thing was he wasn't moving that much and even if his legs were stretched I could see that his body was tense.
    I look at them and I know-Heidi doesn't see them everyday and is more difficult.
    I was really looking forward to break but now I don't want to go!

16. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

I do know the feeling of wanting to go on holiday but worrying about them and in particular when one isn't 100%.

Literally the day we were due to fly out I noticed a lump on Sooty's (cat) underside, I made an emergency appointment at the vets with the intention of simply not going on holiday. I rang the animal boarding to put them on notice as to what had happened and that I would contact them as soon as I had any information. It turned out to be a fat pad which is normal in some cat breeds - the vet didn't even charge a consultation fee.

Heidi is extremely experienced with rabbits and they are all in good hands. If Roo or any of them require urgent veterinary treatment she will ensure this is done. I would be far more relaxed with Heidi looking after mine tbh as opposed to the animal boarding I have used 40 years.

You get yourself off and have a lovely time. :D

17. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Always they do this to me! Every holiday apart the time we went for our weeding and week of honeymoon -thy behave than!
    Months before holiday 2011 Funky had massive operation and if vet wouldn't offer to keep him there i wouldn't go! Last year aza cancer and with chemo we haven't been sure how she take it and if we wouldn't find pet sitter (we used to take bunnies do and burds to kennel) we wouldn't go! This time I really needed this holiday but I am not looking forward into it now! It just how it is!

18. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

I am sure Heidi will give you updates.

I worry about my pets only to find they have enjoyed themselves.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice