Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Baby rats for adoption

Discussion in 'Small Animal Rescue and Adoption' started by Argent, May 16, 2010.

1. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Hi all, I'm going to be picking up a young doe rat with a 3-4 week old litter on tuesday. There are ten babies, the current owner can't tell the girls from the boys but I'll sex them when I get them.

Basically I'm going to keep mum and possibly one of her daughters or sons, the owner wants 2 or 3 back when they are old enough (must've been an oops litter) so that leaves 6-7 babies of unknown gender needing homes.

They're in no immediate danger, but if anyone would like to adopt a couple of bubs when they're of age, please pm me. I'm in Liverpool, but can reach Manchester and Bolton and other places within reason. Genders and pics will follow.

Edit: The owner doesn't seem to want any of them back now, so that means there's going to be 8 or 9 kits for adoption.

#1 Argent, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Well I have numbers and pictures now. There are 7 babies, 4 bucks, 3 does. They look very young and are still not yet fully weaned so I think within the next 2-3 weeks, they should be ready for adoption.
    All black hoodies, apart from mum who is some beautiful british blue agouti or cinnamon mismarked hoodie. All pretty friendly but all like using their teeth quite a bit to test my fingers so I need to monitor that. The babies are super confident and clambering all over the place.

Young Mum, Lavender 9-10 weeks old:

[​IMG]

Girlie Number 1:

[​IMG]

Girlie 2:

[​IMG]

And little girl number 3:

[​IMG]

Then we have the boys,

Boy1:

[​IMG]

Boy2:

[​IMG]

Boy3:

[​IMG]

and Boy 4:

[​IMG]

3. cupcake

cupcake PetForums Member

I wish I could help with one of the boys, I have a lonely baby rat who needs a buddy.
    Unfortunately I'm all the way down in east sussex :(

4. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Aww typical...maybe if there was someone driving by at some point

5. cupcake

cupcake PetForums Member

I would definatly be willing to take one if we could organise a rat train!!
    Unfortunately I don't drive xx

6. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Me neither, and I can't afford any trains for a while apart from University commute, but some volunteers might come forward :p

7. cupcake

cupcake PetForums Member

Maybe start a new thread :) xx

8. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Just an update, all the girls are spoken for now, leaving a trio of boys, pm me if you're interested, they're all gorgeous!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice