Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Baby help ASAP

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by clairescunny55, Jun 1, 2010.

1. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 PetForums Member

This could be a matter of life or death... One of the Syrian babies is not gaining weight, is all bone and can't walk right. They are 3 weeks old. Should I separate this one. She is stone cold, I've sat her on my (warm) hot water bottle

2. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

If it was me I would probably try wrapping her up and getting some kitten milk and trying to feed her that! If she's a runt or not well...she might be to weak to fight for her share of milk! But I am no expert am afraid. But does sound like something has to be done! Good luck hun!! xx

3. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 PetForums Member

She died through the night :-(

4. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

As horriblpe as it is...that was probably for the best...she was obviously ill and mum can either ignore the weak or kill them if they know they won't survive. Am so sorry for your loss!! XX

5. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Sorry you lost one hun but as others have said even if you had managed to help her pull through there is a high chance she had something wrong internally and wouldnt have had a long life anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice