Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

B & M Bargains

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Westie Mum, Jun 11, 2019 at 4:45 PM.

1. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Popped in to B & M today. Big Hing bowls are usually about £15-£20 so very cheap at a fiver.

Hing bowls last aswell - brought ours the bone shaped double bowls each when Westie’s were puppies, still going strong!)

0F398BF0-22FE-449A-A38F-18E501697486.jpeg

Also cool mats etc. for summer.

225CCC27-1912-4C51-858C-8A5D396726F1.jpeg

I was very good, only came away with 4 holiday bowls (I have 3, wanted 4 that match lol)

89BDBD0E-CDFE-4AFD-BDB0-7121EB41BDD4.jpeg

niamh123, magpi, Boxer123 and 6 others like this.
  2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Cheaper than Tkmaxx those Hing bowls, occassionally our local one knocks the price really low but not always.

Thanks for sharing..

Side note never forget TKmaxx, they don't have anything for ages but then you can find some really good bargains!

Westie Mum likes this.
  3. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

The coolmats have been that price for 3 seasons now!
    I use one under the bottom sheet to keep cool at night and the grandchildren have one each as their rooms get the evening sun.

I’ve not seen the stay cool drinking bowl or vest. I’ll have to check them out - thank you.

Westie Mum and lullabydream like this.
  4. Taz69

Taz69 PetForums Junior

I like the look of the doggie fountain, will have to check my local store tomorrow.

Westie Mum likes this.
  5. KLuna

KLuna PetForums Junior

IMG_3497.PNG Luna highly recommends the water fountain. We got one when it was really hot over Easter and if we leave the back door open she is always out playing with it! The water goes maybe about a foot and a half when she doesn't have her big head in the way.

Westie Mum, magpi, Boxer123 and 5 others like this.
  6. DanWalkersmum

DanWalkersmum PetForums Member

We got the stay cool fruit mat, just the right size, it works very well to cool pup down, will be taking for days out in car this summer, along with cool vest for walks.

Westie Mum and magpi like this.
  7. mrs phas

mrs phas my home, my sofa, my rules

me too! and one in the pillow case. Matt took one into hospital when he was going in for chemo, said it was a godsend
    and half the price, if not more, than human ones, which are, tbh, just the same thing in different boxes

i can really recommend them for dogs too :D

Westie Mum and Mum2Heidi like this.
  8. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

They had cooling harnesses the other week but as far as I could see they were just overpriced mesh harnesses. I really do not seem to ever find anything in there that I like.

tabelmabel and Westie Mum like this.
  9. DanWalkersmum

DanWalkersmum PetForums Member

Wish I'd had one when I had my chemo, anything to make it more bearable! What a good idea, they work so well I've had a sneaky go on this one when it was hot last week, like really cool :cool:

Westie Mum likes this.
  10. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Loving the fruity cool mats! I have a (boring) cool mat in a pillowcase on the carpet in the front room most of the time as the collie gets warm after a good run and he uses it for chilling on (pun intended)

Westie Mum likes this.
  11. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

I'm going to B&M next week when my mum is up - hopefully will get Cad a fruity mat :D

Westie Mum likes this.
  12. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

Ooh Gelly would go crazy for that water fountain.
    I got a cooling towel for him last time I was in there as he feels the heat more now he's older, yet to use it though.

Westie Mum likes this.
  13. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

I love B and M Liam has the stainless steal large bone bowls one for home one for the caravan I also bought him the cooling crate mat for the caravan he loved it when it was quite hot a couple of weeks ago Didn't realise when I bought it though it has pink flamingo's on it:D

Westie Mum likes this.
  14. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

My OH would have loved one went he went through his as well. Brilliant things and as Mrs Phas says, the same and much cheaper than the ones sold for people.
    My 84yr old Mum was hot when she visited last year. She sat on one and couldn't prise her off it.

Westie Mum and niamh123 like this.
  15. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

And this is why we love you @Blitz! You just brightened up my day again:)

Westie Mum and niamh123 like this.
  16. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Our TKmaxx is like a jumble sale - its one of the very few shops i never go in tbh, OH absolutely HATES it in there.

Torin. and lullabydream like this.
  17. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

we brought our cooling mats off amazon i think, as our B & M didnt stock them at the time but then the dogs didnt like lying on them so had some cotton covers made for them and now cant prise them off them in the hot weather!

niamh123 likes this.
  18. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Oh it is, but occassionally they have good stuff for next to nothing!

Obviously if you want something in particular...they are guaranteed not to have it!

19. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

I love TK Maxx but your right it can sometimes be like a jumble sale,I often buy from them online so much easier than searching through rail after rail looking for something:)

lullabydream likes this.
  20. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I was so excited when I found B and M in inverness. I have been in there 3 times thinking it could not be as bad as I remember each time. But it just seems worse. I might go in and see the water bowls but I bet I dont buy one. My husband agrees with me, it just is not a shop that suits us at all. Then again we have always loved Lidl and a lot of people seem to think it is a chav shop and will not set foot in it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice