Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

B Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Domoniques, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Domoniques

Domoniques PetForums Senior

Hi
    Just come home and found dogs have eaten a full 2kg bag of dry hills cat food not a happy mum.
    my fault I forgot to move it

2. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

:eek: naughty doggies!

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

They won't need feeding for a while :lol:

4. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Hope they're not as tickly tummied as my mut, every time he gets to pinch cat food he's sick :rolleyes: after 4 times hes still not learn to leave the stuff alone. :mad:

5. Oblada

Oblada Guest

You should watch your dogs closely for the next few days...cat food isnt good for dogs (whilst cats can "safely" eat dog food..thats what my vet told me anyway..unfortunately it seems to be always the dogs doing the deed :rolleyes:)...they may get a bad tummy for a couple of days :eek:

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Yes, I've heard that dogs shouldn't eat cat food but that was tinned I'm not sure about the dried, but I'd phone my vet for some advise just in case.

7. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

My dog did this while back. Ate about half that quantity.

Cat food tends to be really rich (contains too much protein and fats) compared to most dog foods, and causes horrendous diarrheoa, and sometimes vomiting. Its not toxic, and wont kill a dog. Oscar just had horrendous wind for 24 hours then was fine, no runs, nothing.

With a deep chested breed like dobermans id be more worried about a GDV, so just monitor them for signs of bloat.

I would ring your vets and inform them though, in case they need to be on standby.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice