Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Auto feeder recommendations?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by dom85, Apr 8, 2011.

1. dom85

dom85 PetForums Senior

Hi everyone, I work 3 days a week and I want to avoid dry food for Arnold and roughly keep to the same pattern feeding times as when I'm off so I have been looking at auto feeders but I cant really find many that have really good reviews, there are a couple on zooplus but even the ones that have a good overall rating still have too many 'niggles' or other things wrong for my liking that people mention.

Does anyone know of a decent one that doesn't cost the earth? :001_smile:

2. Chez87

Chez87 PetForums VIP

I have the catmate C50 (I think..) and I'd recommend it. I've used it when I've stayed away overnight a couple of times. Good battery life, comes with ice packs that you can put in it to keep food a bit fresher, so if you're just using it while you're at work that would be helpful. Cats haven't worked out how to open the compartments either which is a plus! You can probably shop around and get it cheap on ebay or something!

3. francescah

francescah PetForums Member

We've got one of the pet pod ones. Was very useful when he first came to live with us and was eating little and often. I fed him in the morning and put two meals in the feeder for whilst I was at work then fed him when I got in and again at bedtime.

We mainly just use it if we go out at weekend now as he's going longer between meals but it's good to know that if we get held up there'll be food for him and he won't be raiding the cupboards like my last cat :nono::lol:

I think this is the one I have
    Pet pod cat feeder - Tesco.Direct

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice