Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Australian Shepherd Border Collie Mix

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by David Dixon, Oct 19, 2020.

1. David Dixon

David Dixon PetForums Newbie

Hi all.
    I lost my best friend (a beautiful Border Collie) 2½ years ago. And I am now just about ready to consider moving on and getting another dog.
    I am very interested in an Australian Shepherd Border Collie mix, however I need to do a lot more due-diligence before I make any sort of decision...
    Can anyone help me with advice on any reputable breeders, or indeed owners who would be able to spare a little time chatting to, or meeting with, me?
    Many thanks in advance.
    David
    (Surrey/SW London based).

2. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

I’m just not sure why you would want a cross??

Both great breeds if you’re prepared for the ‘herding dog’ personality.

There are a lot of health checks (for inherited faults/diseases) for both breeds, and this is where your research should start.

Torin., Happy Paws2 and O2.0 like this.
  3. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

I dont think there are specific breeders for this cross, and with Aussies pretty low on the KC registrations list you'd be hard pressed to find any.

Both breeds can be pretty gobby, neurotic, high drive etc so it's much of a muchness really.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice