UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am worried about his quality of life :(
He is very thin and he isn`t eating a lot anymore he`s losing a lot of fur too and has bald patches. He is shuffling around now :( He is 2yrs 7mths
Is he okay? I haven`t any pics but can try and get some later

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
This happened to my Syrian who was over two years. She stopped eating and went very thin.
I took her to the vets and they said it was old age and if she's not eating (I tried all sorts of yummy soft foods) then basically I should let her go because she wasn't eating her body was wasting away.
I couldn't bare to see her get worse so had her put to sleep.

The way I see it if an animal isn't eating and drinking and declining then you have to do what's right by the animal.
As long as it's not a treatable issue such as teeth over grown etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This happened to my Syrian who was over two years. She stopped eating and went very thin.
I took her to the vets and they said it was old age and if she's not eating (I tried all sorts of yummy soft foods) then basically I should let her go because she wasn't eating her body was wasting away.
I couldn't bare to see her get worse so had her put to sleep.

The way I see it if an animal isn't eating and drinking and declining then you have to do what's right by the animal.
As long as it's not a treatable issue such as teeth over grown etc.
He is still eating (just gave him a seed bar which has been nibbled at) just not very much :( Will try giving him softer foods

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Try some scrambled eggs or porridge.He is quite old for a hamster though isn't he?

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
I would try him on soft foods a little peanut butter, banana, baby foods it'll help a little but it does sound like old age I'm sure hes had a wonderful life and will enjoy you spoiling him to the end

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.