Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Attention all guys...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Chillinator, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Earlier on today I was in a supermarket when I saw a woman struggling to take a rather large bag of dog food off a shelf. This woman was obviously struggling, yet several able-bodied men walked by without even offering any help. I walked over and gave her a hand with it.

So, gentlemen, if you see a woman (or anybody for that matter) struggling with something heavy, don't just walk by and ignore it. STOP AND HELP THEM! :rolleyes:

2. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

why??.....

3. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Simply put, it's the right thing to do... :rolleyes:

4. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

very curtious (sp??) of you :D

5. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

awww so nice of you. i went to get a big bag of cat litter and struggled like hell....even the man at the counter just left me to struggle! :nono:

6. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

We had a delivery man the other day who brought this wooden edging. He just left it on the path outside I couldn't even get it in the house so it sat there all day til there was two of us to try and move it :rolleyes:

Its funny 'cos I live on a road with lots of elderly people in certain areas so we get people coming trying to flog reclining chairs and beds which raise up and down and they always look a bit shocked when I answer the door because I'm not 70 :p

7. jamie1977

jamie1977 Banned

How do you know you did not ruin her day?????? She may of been struggling to put it back on the shelf, after 5 minutes she gets it on and is shuffling it back when you come along and pull it off again :lol:

8. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

She was pulling it off the shelf... :lol:

9. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Well i think that was very thoughful of you Luke...Paddy always got me to go for the hen food as they carried it to my car for me:D:D:D...when if he went for it, they left him to it...lol

10. davidc

davidc PetForums VIP

I help people if I notice them struggling. Other times I've been asked to before I noticed. lol

Shops do put things in silly places, was struggling to get a cap down from the shelf that my sister's bf wanted the other day. I had to literally jump several times.

1 person likes this.
  11. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

i struggle all the time...especially if its at the back of the top shelf as i am only 5ft 2 inch.....any man or women can help me anytime...if they don't i ask them too...i'm not proud:D:D

12. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

I once remember helping this little frail old lady across a busy main road and when we got to the other side she clattered me several times with her umbrella. :blink:

Tured out she didn't want to cross the road, she was trying to flag a taxi down!
    :eek:

Tanya1989 likes this.
  13. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Because its nice to know that there are some decent men about who actually aren't afraid to show their respect for a woman and if you're like me who's been treated very badly by men, a bit of help from a male stranger helps restore some of the faith I lost in friggin men. Even just a smile from a passing man is nice and doesn't have to mean anything.

14. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Supermarkets are making billions putting the small trader out of business...let them pay staff to do the humping.

15. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

all i will say is

"your clearly one of a kind"

I was at work today attempting to put the hugest pallet of beer ever into the tinyest space, not one bloke offered to help me push it. BANKERS! ;)

16. Ditsy42

Ditsy42 PetForums VIP

my OH is very thoughtful that way, when we had the really bad snow he saw an elederly woman holding onto a lampost, so he pulled the car over, jumped across all the snow which had been pushed into the kerb, and asked if he could help her, she said oh yes please, i'm going to my friends house, so OH offered her a lift in the car, took him 5 minutes to get her across the pile of snow, got her in fornt seat, buckled her up, asked for directions............... and she pointed to the other side of the road to a house on the corner, oh she says, she lives just there, OH couldn't get the car to the opposite kerb an she wouldn't have been able to get out anyhow lol, so he drove her round the back of the house and she got out, thanked him kindly and went off down the back path PMSL.................. only him :D

17. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Always happy to help out here, be it a weight or a height thing!!!
    :)

18. rob158

rob158 PetForums VIP

I would help but im a lady and I do lady thing's,

here's a photo of me :D

[​IMG]

19. billie jo

billie jo PetForums Member

When I was a vet nurse, frequently I would have to lift and carry large dogs out of cars and into the surgery - the men? They were very helpful - they held the door open! I'm 5ft 4inchs and a size 8/10! Even now, my OH, parks outside a shop and watches me go in and bring out a 15kg bag of dog food! The trick is in the lifting I must admit - oh well equality and all that .. lol :rolleyes:

20. ClaireLouise

What a miserable way to look at things! Good thing the whole community doesnt think the same as you isnt it and someone actually helped! Supermarkets making billion ect is a poor excuse not to help someone struggling imo,

I always offer help if I can. I always think if my mum/dad were struggling somewhere I hope someone would help them...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice