Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Attacked On Walk

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mr.stitches, Jul 14, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

That's why people like this need dealing with really, for the sake of people that they may encounter in the future. Someone may get hurt if this dog doesn't have respect for humans.
    Just makes me sooo cross, stupid stupid woman :mad:

2. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I'm glad you and Pip are ok.

I agree wholeheartedly.

3. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

What a idiot dog owner!! I hope you and Pippin are ok?

It is not a pleasant experience!! :( though good job the dog had it's muzzle on!! :mad:

4. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

hi, hope you and pip are feeling ok now, and dont let this experience ruin you further walks.

5. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

poor you and pip :(

we had a dog aggressive dog (who wasnt always aggressive just very unpredicable) who wore a muzzle and went off lead but she had brilliant recall and would come back without being told when a dog was near. she had problems through being used as dog fighting bait :(

Zeb has problems with staffs after being attacked his ok with an old boy we meet and a female but has problems with males its horrible i always put him on lead near staffs and tend to take him off to play by ourselfs till they have gone its getting better slowly and some days plays lovely

6. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Just to say I am really sorry this has happened to you as I know you have been working very hard on her training. :(

Please be careful not to dwell on this, as she will develop a fear. Quite often a fear is developed through something like this happening, but it is the owner who is unable to let it go. As you can see with your dog, she is over it already. However, if you are not careful, the next time you go out, you will be transfering your anxiety to her.

Dogs live in the moment but quite often it is us humans who prevent the dog from getting over it.

Good luck x x x

7. claire

claire Guest

Sorry yu had such a bad experience, hope u are both ok x

8. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Thank you x

Yes, im a bit nervous about going out tomorrow, and I know that I shall feel a bit anxious when meeting another dog, even though I shouldnt..

Pip seems fine, gone for a walk with OH.

Im sure it will get easier in time, just makes you feel rotten

9. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Thats terrible, makes me angry! I know how your feeling cos my bruno (choc lab) was attacked by a japanese akita and drew blood from my dog leaving him with a torn ear and puncture wounds all over! I hope you and the doggy are feeling better soon! :( Hugss!
    Chloe x

10. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

I know how you feel 2 labs ,came at my dog so fast they launched him in the air,and the other owner was not bothered,it took my dog a long time before he trusted any dogs after that,it took me alot longer i am still wary of other dogs when i am out,but i was told i was making my dog worse as he was picking up my fear,but its easier said than done not to be worried of other dogs,i got my OH to walk with me for awhile just to boost my confidence
    Hope all works out ok for you.

11. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

(((((hugs)))))))) i am sure you can report this to someone even if its just a park warden or if you see ladys car again perhaps you could put a note saying would you consider putting your dog on lead as it is unaceptable behaviour what happened. People are really dumb!!!!!

I had my eldest dog on a lead and was confronted by a staff running towards me , as soon as i realised he was heading for me i picked my dog up and im glad i did cos it would of ripped it to shreds, the people had let it out of the house to go do its business wherever it felt like it, they never pick it up , and although they were outside their house they waited until i had walked past with my dog until they called their dog in, makes me wild!

12. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

One night I was on the way back to the car after going to training class and was walking down a narrow alley with my dog when a staffy came out of nowhere and tried to attack her. My dog was on lead and had no room to move because the walls of the alley were so close, but she leapt and twisted and the staffy never got hold of her. I couldn't pick her up or get her lead detatched as there was so much jumping about, but her collar slipped off, she looked back at me, I said 'run' and she did, with the staffy close behind, off into the streets. She's fast, so I knew she could outrun it, though I was worried about traffic. The staffy's owners arrived - it had been in the corridor of their block of flats and had escaped when someone had opened the outer door to get in. It was a rescue they had only had for a few days and hadn't been told it was unpredictable with other dogs. It came back and they got it on lead, then my Ziggy came back. She had a lot of slobber on, but no bites. I was a bit concerned how she would react when we were back in the alley again, or when we met another staffy - but no problems at all with either. It was a horrible experience, and could easily have been much worse.

13. kristy

kristy PetForums Member

i know how you feel, my sisters JRT was attacked by a large cross breed last week and sadly didnt make it, so glad your littleone was ok,

14. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I sorry to hear Pip was attached.

I'm not sure what the law says about muzzled dogs being of lead but I was talking ot a friend the other day who although now retired was a solicitors secretary. I told her of an attack by a satffie on my greyhound a couple of years ago. The satffie had also attacked a JRT who required 50 stitches .The police said it was a dog on dog attack nothing they can do But my friend told me they have to do something you have to be persistant and nag them about it but they have to give you a crime number and do something about a dog on dog attack. They say there is nothing they can do as basically they can't be bothered.

Please report it to the police and insist they do something about the dog in question. Even with a muzzle on it is still possible for the dog to injure another dog. There was a case not long ago of 2 ex racing greyhounds supposedly attacking a small dog both greyhounds were muzzled and on leads.

15. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Thats awful, i really do feel for your sister as I was so worried about Pip and she wasnt even hurt.

I hope your sister is taking each day as it comes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice