Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

At last! A sofa breakthrough!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Dans Mum, May 13, 2010.

1. Dans Mum

Dans Mum PetForums Junior

Just had to tell someone!

Since we have had Dan he has claimed the back of the sofa as his own. I wanted him to settle into the house before addressing the problem.

I thought i had tried everything...doggie biscuits, the lot!

Today i have gione out and bought a lovely soft rug for the floor, an new fleecy bed and blanket for Dan to lie in in the lounge....and 2 tins of hotdogs...

No hotdog pieces when on the sofa and lifted off....plenty of hotdog pieces and cuddles when on the floor or in new fleecy bed.

My clever boy got it in about an hour and hasn't been on the sofa since. At last the dog hair will be gone! :)

Food, especially hotdogs, are the way to my clever Dan's brain! :)

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Well done and clever Dan for learning so fast :thumbup:
    It's amazing the power of hotdogs :lol:

3. Dans Mum

Dans Mum PetForums Junior

definitely...he is a clever boy. He just had a bit of a challenge - my friend came round with her wee black lab pup. Dan is great with other dogs or puppies but scared of visitors. He went on the couch a couple of times but soon settled on the floor. And played with the little pup in the back garden. :thumbup:

4. tripod

tripod PetForums VIP

Well done - thats excellent - differential reinforcement of an incompatible behaviour in technical speak and rewarding for the behaviour you want in normal speak :D

5. Fyfer

Fyfer PetForums Senior

Congrats, both for getting the behaviour you wanted and for finding a great motivator for your dog. Happy day!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice