Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Astroturf?????

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Tula&Iver~cavs, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Tula&Iver~cavs

Tula&Iver~cavs PetForums VIP

Hi all.

We are planning on doing are back garden this Summer and are trying to think of ways to have it, our garden isnt big and only have a grass on the left.
    The grass we have at the moment its very patchy where the dogs play (not dig)
    Anyway we was thinking of laying Astroturf down instead of slabing it.

I was wondering if this would be ok for the dogs?
    I've read that you can get Astroturf for dogs that doesn't stain from weeing and is pretty much dog proof!

Has anyone had Astroturf and is it worth getting?

Thanks, Summer x

2. Tula&Iver~cavs

Is it easy to clean? Ive read part bleach rest water to be used.

Also the grass we have isnt worth buying a mower for.

Summer x

3. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

I believe you can get different qualities. I've seen it priced up from about 17 per square metre up to over a £100 per square meter. I would check with the retailer to see which is the best one for dogs and maybe ask to see some brochures or something on each type in case they try and rip you off by recommending the most expensive.

4. Tula&Iver~cavs

Thanks, My OH wont even buy a top until his looked around every shop to get the best deal :lol: I will leave him in charge of getting the best for the price.

It would be a shame if we had to slab it because Tula loves sunbathing on the grass.

5. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

Is it okay we have astroturf but havent been brave enough to put bleach on it!

6. Sacremist

We want to lay astroturf in part of our garden, but I want a reasonable quality (not necessarily the most expensive, I should add). We just cannot afford it yet. However, our local garden centre sell it and they have several different qualities on sale. Maybe a garden centre near you might sell it too so you could go along and have a look.

7. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

sorry if this sounds silly but is the astroturf soft? because i remember playing hockey on it and the friction burns were the worst so was worried about the dogs paw pads :eek:

8. Sacremist

There are many different types of Astroturf available today. The more expensive ones are soft with a lot more realistic looking grasses.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice