Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

asthma

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by hayleyb, Jul 15, 2009.

1. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

thought id try this post here aswell as in chat.

Sheldon was diagnosed with asthma week before last. its a mild form so not causing too many problems but the vet didnt give me much advice on it.

can anyone give me any info on this? i ws thinkin of gettin a purifier for the air do you think that wud help?

2. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

who's sheldon?

3. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

sorry i thought that was obvious. hes my cat

4. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I suffer from asthma, but not bad enough to require an inhaler. I find central heating can make my symptoms worse as it dries out the air. A good humidifier should help, but if you don't have room for one bowls of water placed near radiators work just as well.

Avoid strong perfumes as well as air fresheners and plug ins as they can irritate the chest

I'm sure the same pretty much applies to cats. How old is Sheldon as it is possible to grow out of asthma?

5. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

Well i imagine an air purifier would help, but i think you also need to find out what the triggers are...:)

Allergies mainly cause attacks & they can be from pollen, dust, strong scented airfreshener etc to what is in the food & also stress can be a trigger too
    hth

6. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

he turns 1 next week.
    i didnt no that about water bowls, thats interesting thankyou.

it doesnt seem to bother him much, but it can hinder him while playin. if he cud talk i wudnt worry as much but altho its not major id jst like to prevent it becoming a problem. and he cant say wats affecting him and wats not

thanx for your reply

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice