Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Ashes buriel

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by AliceK, Aug 9, 2018.

1. AliceK

AliceK PetForums Newbie

Hi I’m new to this forum and was hoping for some inspiration.! I lost my beautiful 19 year old cat three weeks ago. Since then I have been fretting about her ashes and what to do with them! I decided I wanted to bury them and mark the spot . Originally I decided to bury them directly into the soil and if I moved I could dig up soil from that spot. Now I’m wondering if that is not good enough and I should put the ashes into a box of some kind but then that throws up other issues like do I put ashes in a box loose, do I seal it, do I dig it up if I move etc etc I feel I’m worrying too much about this and want to get it decided once and for all. So has anyone any advice about burying ashes and whether to put in a box or not? Thank you xx

2. jules4

jules4 PetForums Newbie

Sorry for your loss, a wonderful age for your cat, you must've looked after her very well...
    We have put our beloved dog's ashes in a beautiful pot with a plant in (bees on the pot, she was obsessed by watching them, the plant was chosen for happy memories too), because we felt that we could then take her with us if we moved. We'd originally thought of scattering them on a favourite walk, but wanted her near us, so the pot seemed the ideal solution. We put the ashes straight in with the compost. Thinking of you...

3. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss. I can understand your concerns about burying your beloved cat's ashes.

When my old Harrycat went to Rainbow Bridge in early 2017 I buried his ashes (they came in a little cardboard box) in our garden in his favourite spot and planted a Rosemary shrub over the top (Rosemary for remembrance) and also marked the spot with a little sleeping cat statue.

DSCF0566.JPG

jules4 likes this.
  4. AliceK

AliceK PetForums Newbie

Thank you. Did you bury the ashes in the box they came in?

5. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum PetForums VIP

yes, I did - as we have foxes regularly visit out garden I got my gardener to dig a very deep hole before putting the box in with the shrub planted immediately above it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice