Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

as i was playing with my 15b wk old pup...

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Louby, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Louby

Louby PetForums Junior

i noticed what i thought was a freckle on his belly - the bit where there isnt any hair - near his man bits :blushing:

it wasnt there yesterday - or i never noticed it - now it is really noticable it is light brown on the outside with a darker bit right in the middle - i have run my finger over it and it isnt raised.

will this just be a freckle?
    do pups get blemishes at 15wks? or would he have been born with it and it has gotten bigger and more noticable over time. why do dogs have freckles anyway? lol do they need melanin?

i stroke his belly every night and have never noticed it before :confused:

as i am sure you can tell - i am clueless :wink5:

L xx

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Could you take a pic?

3. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

What breed is he

4. terriermaid

terriermaid PetForums Senior

are you sure its not his belly button

5. Louby

Louby PetForums Junior

he is a yorkie x chihuahua
    I have taken a pic but cant find my bluetooth dongle thing so then i got my digital camera out and the batteries are dead so no joy there - have tried every battery in the house and all dont seem to have enough power in them to do owt - will put one up asap.

it deffo isnt his belly button - i know where his belly button is and this is just above and to the left of his man bits. The pic i have on my phone isnt very good but i will try my best to put one up tomorrow.

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

If you are worried I'd speak to your vet, it most likely to be a blemish of some kind, but better safe than sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice