Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

As bad as each other!..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LahLahsDogs, Aug 23, 2013.

1. LahLahsDogs

LahLahsDogs PetForums VIP

#1 LahLahsDogs, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  2. hippymama

hippymama PetForums Senior

no idea how to stop it but i sympathize , my two are the same :eek: i think as a breed cresties can be very vocal to be honest .. does freddie do the barky-howly thing ? if not count yourself lucky lol , you should hear mine once one starts 'singing' :eek: :rolleyes: .

do you do clicker training with them ? i know theres a video on you tube by kikopup how to teach the quiet command ... found it Dog Training- How to train your dog not to bark- Episode 1 - YouTube

3. jesterjenn

jesterjenn PetForums Senior

When you leave, you could maybe leave the tv/a radio on relatively loud, so if the dog outside does start barking, the noise from the tv/radio should dull it out so it's not as noticeable for him.

4. MyMillie

MyMillie MillieMoo'sMum

Oooo I feel for you too!....Millie is just the same :( she joins in with next doors dog every time, it's really getting me down to be honest, so I will watch your thread with great interest to see if I can find something to stop her, oh!... and she has now taken a liking to barking at blackbirds who have the cheek to land on her garden :rolleyes:

5. MyMillie

MyMillie MillieMoo'sMum

:lol: this really made me chuckle visualizing Freddie charging off and being the big protective man! :D

The dog next door yaps at every single person/kid/dog that passes by at the top of our garden, his lady owner came out with the classic "oh it's because he's a rescue and used to bark at passers by in kennels" :rolleyes:.... I dont have the heart to say, well you could try and train him now not to do it! because shes 71 and when I hear her shouting at him I can tell she is still in the "old school" of training....
    but its making my job a little harder trying to stop my "naturally" yappy breed :D

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I wouldnt know how to stop it TBH!!My lot think barking in unison is fabulous hobby!:rolleyes: Its usually what gets them called in from the garden and confined to the house.
    Alfie is the biggest pain though and he barks at everything...the other night he was barking at the ceiling for ages, until I realiesed there was a teeny cobweb blowing in the breeze and that was what deserved to be barked at!:confused:
    He also woo woo's alot...mainly at the cats coz they wont play with him but its not a proper Husky noise coz he is the size of a shoebox. So its this weedy high pitched 'woo woo' and for some reason his voice breaks at the end and it goes all squeeky!!:D

7. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Now this is going to sound stupid but before you laugh it works providing the barking dog is only in one room
    My neighbours dog used to bark all day and drive me nuts then someone told her go to the store and ask for old egg boxed the ones they display the eggs in not the small ones that close on the eggs
    She stuck them to the walls then painted them funny they looked quite good too
    It seems the stuff they are made of make the room sound proof maybe a crazy idea at least I thought so when she told me she was going to do it but it certainly worked

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice