Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Arwin is now 5 weeks...

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by pommum, Jul 16, 2009.

1. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Pregnant andlooking very pregnant too!
    She is very by the book lol, being off her food yet her belly is getting bigger always a good sign hehehe. She is also very lathargic although tbh thats nothing new for her LOL she has always been a lazy pom. I also trimmed her belly coat back the other weeka s she was really feeling the heat, and she has a lovely little bump and her nipples are enlarged and rosie pink.
    I will keep everyone informed of how she is doing her due date from her first mating is 18th August.

I have attached a photo of Arwin.

take care
    Sarah

Attached Files:

2. crazycrest

crazycrest PetForums VIP

Beautiful too...good luck Sarah & Arwin :D

3. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Such a cutie...lovely pic. :D

4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

wow she is gorgeous too! Good luck with it all im sure you will be fine!:p
    Please keep us all updated i would love to follow her pregnancy and welp!:eek:

5. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

She's lovely good luck to her.

6. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Good luck hope it all gos well

7. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

This is her 3rd and final litter as I don't like the thought of my girls being constantly bred they are my babies afterall, the way I see it when I was pregnant I only had one kid each time, she has had 3 in each litter all beit we lost one in each, but she is the most tentative mother, and still gives Wikit and Harry face washed now and they are 2 yrs old and 10 months real mummies boys lol.

She will also retire from the show ring until she becomes a veteran now too.

take care

Sarah

8. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

She is really cute, and good luck! :D

9. nat1979

nat1979 PetForums VIP

Good luck and cant wait to see puppy pictures

10. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

arwin is simply.....scrumptious!!! good luck with the pregnancy :)

11. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Awwww Sarah, Arwin is adorable!

Good luck with the rest of the pregancy, can't wait to see the pics! :)

12. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

Good luck with Arwins pregnancy shes a stunning lady :) Thanks for sharing your news sarah

13. kristy

kristy PetForums Member

hi, shes lovely, but just a quick question... you say her boys are real mummies boys and one of them are 10 months old, is that a pup from last litter? how close together have her other litters been?

14. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

she is adorable, so much fur but lovely:) cant wait to see pups,

15. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

aww Arwin so Beautiful :)x

16. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Yes that is a pup from her last litter and he will be almost 12 months when this litter is born, her last two litters where a good 15 months if not longer apart, I have chosen to mate her this time as she is retiring from showing and also from breeding and will be lounging round the house with her mum pretty much as she does now tbh. I don't like to have more than 3 litters to any one bitch. She is a fantastic mum, and as all but one pup depending on how many she is having bare in mind we are lucky if we get 2 pups from a pom, they will be staying here to carry on her bloodlines as she did for her mum and hopefully they will go out in to the show ring and do well for them selves as my last two litter have done.
    I take great care in my dogs they are as close to me as my two children are, and if I had reason to doubt my girl could successfully produce a litter of pups then I would never breed from her she would be spayed and either stay with us to live out her life or go to close friends who already hae a couple f my poms.

Hope that explains a little more for you Kristy.

take care

Sarah

17. kristy

kristy PetForums Member

thanks pommum, sorry i didnt mean to make you explain it all, just wondered.
    ive looked at your pictures posted of your dogs and although ive never had a small breed and prefer larger breeds i have to say they are lovely:wink5:
    hope everything goes well and cant wait to see some pictures of the babys. are you expecting the same colours as mum, the little black coloured one in your pics is very cute:D

18. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

We are expecting orange to orange sable which is what we had last time, althoughthe dire has produced a couple of Black & Tans in the past, time will tell and I will be happy with what ever colours we get as long as all are happy and healthy.

I don't mind explaining, as I know there are alot of BYB's and PF's breeding supposed poms.

My dogs are my life, my OH would vouch for that lol as he sometimes says I spend more time with the dogs than him and the kids, which I dont agree with as I am at home all day with my kids and dogs, and he gets me in the evening so I would say they are all pretty evened out LOL.

take care
    Sarah

19. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Arwin has had a very upset tummy today with yellow bily sick and messy poo's too I know these are all good sign's but does it have to be so messy yuk! lol.
    She is still very happy in herself and is having 3 small meals a day as she wasn't eating her usual one meal a day so I have split it into three little meals and she seems a little happier eating it that way.
    She also has a lovelylittle bump now I will take a new photo of herlater to show you all. She really is my little star.

take care

Sarah

20. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

I cant wait till Arwin has the babies bet they will be stunners.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice