Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Arwin has 2 1/2 weeks left

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by pommum, Jul 28, 2009.

1. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Day 50:
    She seems happy this morning slept the whole night in her whelping box did abit of diggingto make it comfierlol, but other than that actually slept all night whic made a change recently. She went out this morning when the OH went to work he put her out and took her box down stairs and she stayed down there whilst I had an extra half hour in bed. she has been out again since I came down she has had some breakfast she is now on the Royal Canin Starter Reproductive which I had the girls on last year when they wer in pup, and then weaned the pups on to it too and they all did really well on it, she loves the stuff and has really got her appetite back she is having 3 small meals a day at the moment not sure were she is putting it though lol. She is now sleeping again although I keep hearing little growls coming from the box when ever one of the other dogs goes to close to her so she is also getting very protective about herself and her space but she still loves to come up and have her tummy cuddled. I have also started giving her Top Life puppy milk once aday at the moment so not to upset her tummy she is loving all the extra attention at the moment bless her.

take care

Sarah

2. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Arwin is finding it hard to get comfortable today she is all over her whelping box trying to find a comfy spot bless her. She hasn't shown any signs of wanting to come out of it upto now today, I've opened the pen door on it for her and she just looks at me as if to say "yeah what do you want" lol.

take care
    Sarah

3. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

Ah bless her!
    She sounds like she is getting uncomfortable! She sounds like a wonderful dog! She is so sweet looking bet she has a big personality!
    Sandy

4. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

day 51 We have been away all day today at a Champ show and Arwin has been her usual self sleeping all day really.

Although when I got home and gave her a cuddle I have noticed that her milk bar has dropped down now so just hoping she doesn't decide to go to early.

Take care
    Sarah

5. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

When Tegan had the twins litter last year her milk bar dropped 2 weeks before she was due. We started to get very worried but she held on until 3 days before the due date.

All the best to you and little Arwin

6. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Thankyou Helen I am hoping all goes smoothly she usually does.

Take care
    Sarah

7. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

How is Arwin today Sarah?

8. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

all fingers crossed all goes well for the arrival how exciting bless.

9. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Day 52:
    All is well she has been sleeping alot again, also going out to pee more too bless her she would normally go in the morning then around 2pm then out again before bed she is usually very good at holding, now she is going out for a pee every hour or so.
    I felt the pupies wriggling last night they are very active pups it's no wonder she struggles to get comfy bless her.

take care

Sarah

10. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Day 53:
    Arwin is still a happy little girl just getting on with day to day activities which mainly consist of sleeping and eating and not much else LOL.

Her puppies are very lively now, when she lies on her back you can see them moving around like little aliens in side her so cute to watch.Gonna listen to the heart beats again today and see if I can get a clearer beat from them, crossing my fingers and hoping for 4 as that would keep all who are after one of my precious Arwin babies happy including me, although typically everyone wants a bitch nothing new there I suppose.

I will update again later when I have had the stethascope on her hopefully with good news.

take care
    Sarah

11. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Day 53:
    Arwin is just sleeping lots and eating lots, nothing really changed over this last couple of days tbh.
    Although the OH has sole responsability this weekend as I am in Bangor tonight in N.Wales and I'm working all day tomorrow too so wont be home till late tomorrow night.
    He said she is fine but quiet and seems to be missing me. Roll on the end of the week then she will only have 3 days left.

This last weeks seems to be taking ages.

take care
    Sarah

12. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

How is she today?
    hope she is well!
    Sandy

13. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Day 54:
    Arwin is very well in herself, very happy to have mum home again bless as were all of them especially when they realised they had pressies from me LOL.
    All have had a good chew on on their pigs cheeks smell and looked horrible so garrantee the dogs loved them they are all now sleeping like babies LOL.

Arwin is still eating reasonably well, she is sleeping much more than she usually does and is having ago at digging now and again too. when she is awake she walks around panting all the time but I think thats more because of the warmth and her big coat. I will start taking her temp nearer the end of the week.

Will let you know how she is again tomorrow.

Take care
    Sarah

14. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Day 55:

Arwin has had a spert of energy today and has been much more lively than she has been through this whole pregnancy, it's been lovely to see her looking so happy and proud of her bump. She is obviously feeling the puppies moving about now too as she goes quite tence when they have a fidget bless her. Her milk bar has really dropped down now although still no milk in there just yet.
    Not long to go now so keping a much closer eye on her now.

take care
    Sarah

15. kayz

kayz PetForums VIP

I can't wait for these puppies to be born. I love Poms!!! Arwin is gorgeous!!!

16. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Day 56:

Starting to wonder if Arwin will make it passed the weekend tbh, she is very big and her milk bar is well down now, she is burrying everything we give her in her bed at the moment, sh is drinking top life puppy milk now and is loving it, she also savaged one of the other dogs this morning for walking passed her box, there was nothing in it and she was stud in the kitchen with everyone lese andPuddles the chi just walked passed it to go through to the front room and Arwin flew for her, which she never ever does.
    I'm hoping she makes it through to at least Monday as her due date is Tuesday, her mum has always gone 3 days early and Arwin went 3 days early last time but went 7 days over with her first litter, so anything could appen really but I personally don't think she will get beyond the weekend with out us seeing baby poms.

Take care
    Sarah

17. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Awwww, bless her :D

You know Arwin better than anyone Sarah , hope she hangs on a bit longer. Can't wait to see lickle baby poms :rolleyes:

18. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

DAY 57:

Arwin is really not herself today, I am now a bit worried that she may go to early, she is showing most signs of early labour all beit her temp in normal, she is having slight shivers, constant panting, can't get comfy for love nor money. I would much prefer her to hold out a couple more days but I don't thinkit is going to happen. She has had some milk this morning but is refusing her breakfast.

Has anyone else had pups born this early this would be a first for me, so I am a little worried for her.

Take care
    Sarah

19. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Sorry I don't know the answer, just wanted to wish you luck.

My girl was panting and digging and off her food for quite a while but she did hang in there until day 63 so fingers crossed Arwin will too - cool name by the way, I wanted to call my wolfhound Arwin.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice