Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Arwin has 2 1/2 weeks left

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by pommum, Jul 28, 2009.

1. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

And she is such a happy girl, although gets very tired quite quickly, She is up in our room with us at night now, we are going to dig the whelping box out this weekend for her so he can start to get her self comfy in it.

The last couple of days she has had a few braxton's which is very sweet and she just carry on wondering round after each one bless her, she is much more settled today and is out of it at the moment on her bed.
    I have taken some new pics of her sleeping but I can't find the cable for the camera so I can't upload at present but I will put them on as soon as I find the cable again.

She is doing so well as at present is going very much by the book, I had the stethascope on her belly the other night and I have heard at least 3 heart beats I though I could hear a 4th but noth sure if it was the same one I had already heard.

Take care
    Sarah

2. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Awww bless her :) Can't wait to see Arwin's puppies

Ellie x

3. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

Love her! I can't wait to see the little pom pups, i bet they are gorgeous!

Put your feet up little Arwin, not long now :)

4. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Arwin slept like a baby eventually last night after pacing round the room panting for an hour and nudging my hand everytime I nodded off LOL.

She has become very pickie with her food again at the moment and is basically nibbling on to or three bits of kibble then goes back to sleeping for a couple of hours then goes for a wee and then a nibble then back to sleep. Her teets are also starting to fill with milk, which upto now is all by the book she is doing so well and is so relaxed with it all, she is so good.

She has also become very mothering again too, as she keeps bathing Harry which he doesn't complain about lol he seems to enjoy getting all the fuss from his mum.

Will give another update tomorrow.

take care
    Sarah

5. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

awwww nearly time by sounds of it cant wait to see arwins new babies when they arrive

i just looked at ur site omg the black one is stunning ...i recently saw a little black pom and fell totally in luuuurve

#5 poochimama, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  6. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Thanks Poochimama, I prefer my oranges to my blacks tbh although Wikit is a very special little boy, who thinks he's the bee's knee's since he has become a stud dog LOL. He has to be carried out to go out th eback for pee time, he is very excentric lol.

We only have the one black now as Mambo went out to Spain middle of July and is loving out there, she starts her show career out there in September.

take care

Sarah

7. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

As promised I have now found the cable for the camrea to the laptop, so here are a couple of pics of Arwin chillin' out and doing what she does best at the moment. She is now 7 weeks and we are now starting to see and feel the solid shapes of pups in her tummy so cute. My friend stayed over for the last few days as she lives in Norfolk and had come oer for my eldest's birthday party. She had never heard or felt puppies before so was very impressed to hear the puppies heart beats with the stethascope and then to sit with arwin on her knee with her hands cupping her belly she felt the pups move too. It's so nice to know other people can feel them and it's not just me LOL.

Take care
    Sarah

Attached Files:

8. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Aww bless her, can't wait to see the puppies, good luck hope it wall goes ok

9. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Arwin is on day 49 so not long left now.
    We have had next to no sleep last night as Arwin decided she was going ot pace around the bedroom panting all night long, my poor OH has had to go to work half a sleep this morning bless him, think it's time to dig the whelping box out today so she can settle in there at night then we might get some sleep, I took her down to go to the toilet twice last night and she still wouldn't settle down. She didn't seem to be stressed or anything just unsettled which of course make us unsettled too.:Yawn:

She is back to eating really well again now too, thankfully although if she gets much bigger I think she will burst LOL as she is much bigger now than she was when she gave birth last time.

take care
    Sarah

10. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Awww Sarah I can't wait to see Arwin's babies :) Good that she's eating well again

Do you think she's having more this time?

Ellie x

11. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

I would like to think she is we have deffinetly heard 3 heartbeats and I thought I heard a 4th but not sure if I was hearing the same over again if you get me. I'm not taking her for a scan as she is doing absolutly fine with out having one plus the OH doesn't like to have the girls poked and prodded when they are in pup, he likes to just let them be relaxed and get on with it, afterall wolves don't get scanned. Her last two litters she gave birth to without any problems what so ever she fired them out with in about an hour and a half, so she doesn't mess around once she starts thankfully. We have a stethascope so we can keep listening to them but other than that she is just doing what comes naturally to her and doing a great job at it too.

take care
    Sarah

12. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Ahh she is adorable, just looked through your website and im in love with Harry!!!

Adorable!

xxx

13. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

I am hoping to update Harry's photo's by this weekend hoping the OH will et ome good pics of him at Paignton Ch Show on Wednesday, as he has changed so much since he was a young pup.

Take care
    Sarah

14. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Arwin is very unsettled today, I have set the whelping box up for her now she has popped in and out of it a couple of times but she wont lie down init yet. She prefers her big bed at the back of the settee.

I hoping she settle down before this evening or I think she and I will end up in the spare room tonight lol.

take care
    Sarah

15. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

How long has she got left to go Sarah?

16. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Hi Helen,
    She is on day 49 today, she has slept all afternoon in her whelping box and seems much more content for being in there. She had been mothering her son Harry this last week or so but today seemed to be a day of change, as soon as she got in the box her attitude towards him changed completely and she told him were to go to the horror of poor Harry bless him he has since been trying to chew the box to get his mum out of it lol. She is due on the 18th so not long left now if she gets much bigger though I think she may well burst LOL she is huge comparedt o a photo of her I found from her last litter when she was two days off the birth, this time is much bigger.

Take care
    Sarah

17. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

What a beautiful dog! She is a real cutie!
    You are blessed with a cute one!
    I think she will have some beautiful puppies and if they all look like their mum!
    They will be stunners!
    Good luck! I hope all goes well for mum and pup's!
    Sandy

18. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Thankyou Sandy, she is my baby girl, and am always worrying about her, I have to human sons the youngest is only just coming up 3 yrs old, but Arwin was my first born female pup that I chose to keep, so she is my little girl but in dog form lol.

She has done me so very proud in the show ring and so has her two son's Wikit and Harry and her daughter Jelly owned by my friend. She is Crufts qualified for life and I aim to have her back in the show ring intime for Crufts and hopefully she will be ready, as she absolutly lives to show, she hate it when I go to a show and leave her at home the OH says she sulks all day long bless her.

Take care
    Sarah

19. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I know what you mean about the hates been left behind when you go to shows. Freyja screamed on saturday when we went to the hound show and din't take her. I did tell her if she had let us know before the entries closed that she wasn't having pups she would have been entered.

20. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

She is such a stunner! Bless just like a child she has a sulk when she is left out! Oh how sweet!
    She is beautiful she is a credit to you! No wonder you kept her! She looks beautiful!
    How is she doing?
    Sandy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice