UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In June Toby was was growling and had clearly hurt his paw/leg or shoulder. Vet gave him a thorough checkover, couldn't find an obvious problem, so gave him an anti-inflammatory and anti-biotic as a precautionary measure. Within a few hours he was his usual self with no re-occurance.

Early in September he had a week or so where he was regularly holding his paw up, he's done it a couple of times since but he's starting to hold it up more again. He is still jumping off 6ft fences and gates which I'm sure doesn't help! The little monster has let me touch along his shoulder, leg and I've had a look at the paw but to a lame person can't see anything. As it's not constant, I'm making a note of every time I notice so I have a record for the vet if it continues.

Does anyone think it could be arthritis following the original injury?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
It could be. How old his he now?

My cat Wilbur had hurt his pelvis when he was young (only just found out as I didn't own him then) and now he has arthritis in his spine and back legs.

I would definitely take him to the vets to have this checked out. My vet knew immediately that it is arthritis so we didn't need any xrays. Wilbur was put on Metacam and is now a completely different cat and much less grumpy :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply. He's 13 so getting on a little now. I'm monitoring everything he can and can't do for a few days, so I can give the vet thorough details!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.