UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG Homebase in Maidstone is no more!!

Its completely alight and burnt down!. A friend who works in a shop closeby says the industrial estate has been totally evacuated due to the intense smoke.

P&H are so close to it.. Just hope and pray the animals in there are ok.

M.20 shut due to the intense smoke.

Apparently they had been into B&Q close by to try it there too.

Please let these animals be ok. Everyone is safe but wonder about those poor pets:(

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im sure if the animals are in any danger at all they will be evacuated.

Probably evacuated them already if the smoke is that bad!
Well apparently its down to nearly nothing inside and the smoke very intense.

Depends on P&H evacuation procedure. Is it to get customers/staff out and no one to go back in or is it to bring out the animals?

The heat was so intense it set of all alarms in the shops close by so evacuation was put into process.

I know when I was manager of shop and smoke alarms went off I had to get customers/staff out straight away, we werent even allowed to grab personal possessions and no one allowed in until given all clear by fire brigade.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh my! those poor pets.

I used to go in Aylesford Homebase quite a bit too :(

Any news Deb?

x
Not heard Hun but know Homebase and Carpet right are no more:(

Apparently 2 lads went in, took wood down the inflammable aisle and set it alight!!:eek:

Happening in many Homebases?? so I have been told but that maybe hearsay.

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
:nonod:

some people are just idiots.

and yeah, hope all thje animals are ok :(

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lowlives thats what they are :mad:

They also tried B&Q close by first.

The one in the town which is close to my daughters has had police outside guarding all day today!

Has anyone else heard about this going on?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
OMG Rich and I are shocked, my sister lives in Allington and I go to the pet shop on the industrial estate round the back of homebase,,

what a pair of dip sticks,, still at least homebase is on the other side of the complecs,, still not good though..

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Oh wow what idiots! Hope they catch them!

Just looked on the net and there was nothing else about other homebases so think that might be hearsay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.