UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So findmypast.com have taken £57 out of my account.... free trial my arse!

2 transactions of £24.95 and 1 of £6.95..... and I have received nothing off them and when I go into my account they say no payments have been taken, already cancelled my trial with them so no money should have been taken, plus they sent me over my limit.

Capital One as a 'goodwill' gesture cancelled the £12 overdrawn charge... too bloody right that they should cancel the charge, but can't remove it off my credit history, so now I have a strike against me. They shouldn't have let it go through in the first place. They should have picked up that I wouldn't spend that much in one go, in 3 separate transactions on the same day.....

Not a happy bunny, I have been working really hard at it, and have been paying £100 a month off each month to try and get rid of it.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Meh, they are trying to say I am lying. Does Capital One have to reimburse me because I didn't get what I paid for?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
So findmypast.com have taken £57 out of my account.... free trial my arse!

2 transactions of £24.95 and 1 of £6.95..... and I have received nothing off them and when I go into my account they say no payments have been taken, already cancelled my trial with them so no money should have been taken, plus they sent me over my limit.

Capital One as a 'goodwill' gesture cancelled the £12 overdrawn charge... too bloody right that they should cancel the charge, but can't remove it off my credit history, so now I have a strike against me. They shouldn't have let it go through in the first place. They should have picked up that I wouldn't spend that much in one go, in 3 separate transactions on the same day.....

Not a happy bunny, I have been working really hard at it, and have been paying £100 a month off each month to try and get rid of it.
I told you there was a catch......but dont listen:D

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Is it a Credit Card?

You could try disputing the payment with Capital one under 'non reciept of goods' it can take up to 8 weeks with some banks and is your dispute is overturned then they could back date the interest to the date of the dispute.
Capital one woud probably want some 'evidence' of the fact you cancelled your agreement and have already asked for a refund from the company - this could be copies of e-mails or just time and date and phone number you called.

Good luck - but a warning to everyone, there are so many 'scams' like this please please read all the small print before signing up - a lot of these companies get away with it because the terms and conditions cover the payments taken and the bank can't get your money back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.