Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Arrgghhh!!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by sarelis, Jan 27, 2012.

1. sarelis

sarelis PetForums Senior

Just rode my horse today for the first time since early November, I had been unable to ride for medical reasons for a while (though he was ridden by someone else during this time) then he had mud fever so has been kept in & not worked for over a week. He spent the entire ride being a proper idiot :rolleyes:, to start with was stubborn & pig headed (the girl who has been riding him has apparently just let him slop along, doing whatever he pleases) so I had a bit of a fight with him & finally got him going nicely. Then we got onto the common, soft sandy tracks, open spaces, he decides that this is sooo exciting he absolutely had to chuck in some epic bucks, rears & plunges, frothing at the mouth & generally being very childish :rolleyes: Now I can barely walk as I have strained my groin trying to control him & stay on board, & I have 3 rides (1 fast one at least) on Sunday to take out at the stables where I work. Ever wonder why on earth you have anything to do with certain animals?!! Oh, and to top it off, he nipped my arm whilst mugging me for polos, the brute!!

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Ouchy!
    I hope he soon calms down for you and back to his normal self :)

3. tonette

tonette PetForums Member

Caddy used to be a plod for others when I wasn't riding but as soon as I started again ( my illness) he is like "come on then lets go!!!!!!" as he prances all over the place. Once he realised that mum is back, he wasn't as excited and started listening to me again :D

Basic Horse Care

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice