Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Arnies getting neutered in the morn

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by bird, Jun 10, 2010.

1. bird

bird PetForums VIP

My first born is going in tomorrow. :scared: I know he should have been done beforehand but on vets advice with the way Alf was when he came to live with us it got delayed. However the day has come. He's asleep at my feet (for a change) :rolleyes: and I'm a bag of nerves. :rolleyes:
    No treats on our walk in the morning. :(
    But fresh salmon and rice for his tea. :thumbup:

2. lucysnewmum

lucysnewmum PetForums Senior

awww bless him.
    Bertie was neutered yesterday and is back to his normal, cheeky, funny self today...eating and drinking and the other as if nothing has happened. he was a bit dopey last night and didnt want any tea but that all changed this morning when he suddenly realised how hungry he was.
    dont worry...the dogs recover really quickly (way faster than us humans) and life will return to normal in the next couple of days. just make sure he doesnt nibble at the wound. ask for and elizabethan collar if he does.
    :thumbup:

3. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

good luck,Alf was done last Tuesday and has made a great recovery,was off colour the evening,it was done and then back to normal,he was fantastic with the wound and had his stitches out on Monday and back to off lead play and walks now.:thumbup:

4. Sophiex

Sophiex PetForums VIP

He'll be ok. Thinking of you both! x

Mine made a very speedy recovery. He was super sleepy when he got home but within a few days he was back to his normal (naughty!!) self. They bounce back surprisingly quickly.

5. dogandbone

dogandbone PetForums Member

Good luck!!! He'll be ok, but it doesn't stop you from worrying.
    One of my girls had an emergency hysterectomy on Sunday, and she's well on the road to recovery now! They don't moan like us humans!!!

6. rona

rona Guest

Good luck today.
    I'm sure you will have more trouble keeping him still for a day or two than anything else

7. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

good luck and speedy recovery

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice