Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

arghh itchy and scratchy is back

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by savannah, May 4, 2010.

1. savannah

savannah PetForums Member

Well I posted on here a while back about Savannah scratching her paws armpits and belly.

Well i decided to change her food, to see if it was related to a food allergy and it was going really well.
    I put her on the fish varieties of natures diet and ocean fish James Beloved Kibble.
    well all was going good, but for the last 2 days its come back! she is knawing at her under paw like I dont know what.
    The thing is im wondering if it had anything to do with me, as last week for about 3 days I had to give her the chicken variety of natures diet as i couldnt get too my big pet store, and my local didnt stock the fish varieties.
    Do you think this has set her off? It was only 3 days then shes back now on fish??
    Im gutted if it is, but am also now confused as if she hadnt spent 3 days on chicken, then I would be knowing that it wasnt food related, but now I dont know cos i did have her on something else briefly.

Oh im mumbling on!!
    What u think guys?

2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I'm sure I read somewhere that dogs are having more issues with chicken these days so it could possibly be that.
    Sorry that its all gone pear shaped again but if you put the diet back as it was and the itchy scratchy goes away, then you will know.
    I dont know - the hassles and worry they cause us..........................

3. rona

rona Guest

What a shame :(
    The only thing you can do is go back onto fish and see if it works again.
    Make sure you have enough in stock this time :hand:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice