Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Argh - little sod!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellis, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Trellis

Trellis PetForums Member

Fluffy just pounced on my from under my daughter's bed and dug his razor sharp claw right in my toe! It's bleeding. :mad:

I know he thinks it's a game but it bliming hurts when he catches you properly like that! I am afraid I did shout at him and gave his bottom a tap, mainly through shock.

How can he be so affectionate, cuddling me on the sofa one minute, then hunting me the next eh? Fickle things cats!

2. harleigh

harleigh PetForums Member

I know gizmo flipped for no reason the other day and got my when i was brushing him. I've had to have a tetnus before because of one of my cats not scratching me but when their claw just does one deep puncture!

3. Malaguti

Malaguti PetForums Senior

Little buggers! I know exactly what you mean as I'm sporting a plaster on one of my fingers at the mo from the exact same thing. Toes however are a different matter - even more painful I should imagine!

I've got a book that suggests that they go from cuddly to 'satanic' cos they suddenly feel vulnerable laying themselves open to all that fuss and then lash out.

Personally I'm convinced they just love to see the different colours and patterns of plasters on our various body parts :D ;)

4. harleigh

harleigh PetForums Member

My legs are a disgrace at the minute because Xander is only 10 weeks and he gets on your lap for fuss by climbing your trousers, hurts like nobody's business! I often think no claws would be good but declawing is such a horrible thing they should just evolve that way!
    I must have at least one scar from each of my cats (and thats 13!)
    I've read things like that before and some just won't let you touch their belly at all becuase they feel so vulnerable but you'd think they'd learn their owner at least can be trusted!
    Have you noticed the crazed look they get in their eyes just before they flip? That has saved me many a need for a plaster! But not every time! lol.
    I can imagine the toe hurting it'll probably go all itchy and then tickle or something when you try to scratch it!

#4 harleigh, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  5. Trellis

Trellis PetForums Member

Unfortunately I couldn't see the crazed look because he was hiding under her bed tent - I didn't even know he was there! It really made me jump. He got me in the skin right between mt toes - ouch!:eek:

He can bite a bit at times too, but I think it is just playing cos he'll nip you, then lick you!

6. WittyKitty

WittyKitty Guest

aaah poor you! Really scares me when Waffles does that! I also yell :p and then I get the big fat sulk! :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice