Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Argh! Crazy cat ladies...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by JordanRose, Aug 21, 2013.

1. JordanRose

JordanRose Master of the Whingey Cat.

...are even crazier when they're broody!

Cat Chatters, all I think about at the moment is kittens.

I have this nagging meow at the forefront of my mind. (Or maybe that's Spooks?) I'm SO kitten broody and I'm itching to give the Spooky one a playmate. I really do think it'll do him a world of good.

I'm driving myself insane!!

Once I'm settled into my job- which I should be starting in 3 weeks or so!- I will be really hammering it into Mum. Even more so. I will have an income coming in, Spooks will be left alone for considerable lengths of time and as far as cat owners go, I'm not bad- even if I do say so myself. It all points towards kittens. Surely.

Oh, my little one. You're out there somewhere- or, at least, you will be. You're so wanted. You're already so loved. And, I'm ashamed to admit, you already have a name.

Yep, I've officially lost it!

#1 JordanRose, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. Aurelie

Aurelie PetForums VIP

I can't agree that you have lost it, that would mean that we had all lost it on PF and that can't possibly be true:D

I definitely think for you, it's more of a case of WHEN rather than IF!

3. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

It will happen Jordan!!

Have you settled on a breed? :D

4. smiler84

smiler84 PetForums VIP

I went through a major broody patch this summer, but I think my head has just about beaten my kitten-needing heart back into place! :thumbdown:

5. JordanRose

At one point, I thought a kitten would be letting my heart rule my head but the more I think about it, the more my head says yes, too.

It's all about balance, and finding the right addition :)

I do hope it's a when. I managed to talk Mum into the neediest, noisiest, most OTT cat in the world so surely, a little chilled out breed won't be too much to ask?

I'm still thinking Persian or Raggie. I have breeders for both already so it'll be a matter of finding the right bub. I think I'll know when I meet them :yesnod:

6. Chiantina

Chiantina PetForums VIP

Oh, you so know you want a Burmese!!!

7. JordanRose

Noooo, don't confuse me even more!!!

I would love a Burmese! But I don't think Spooks would appreciate one. Awkward beggar! :D

8. Chiantina

Chiantina PetForums VIP

He'd love one! They're very laid back in a mental sort of way!!!

9. Aurelie

Aurelie PetForums VIP

I can vouch for that - and Chiantina will be growing her own this year :D

10. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

All good things are worth waiting for ;) That kitten is out there and will be yours one day :)

11. JordanRose

And how does that work? :laugh:

It's taken a LOT of umming and ahhing- I've had to take some of my absolute favourite breeds out of the equation- he needs a companion that won't be wanting his attention constantly and will entertain themselves if needs be.

The clingy breeds (Asian, Oriental, Foreign), although I adore their temperaments, will send him a bit loopy, I think :(

12. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

nothing wrong with brooding, JR. Every time I see a bubba thi syear, I come back and whisper in the ear of my girls. The house doesn't feel the same. normally, by this time of the year, I'm begging for mercy as I'm attacked and cuddled to death, but it's just not happened! Soon, soon. For both of us!

13. JordanRose

I do hope so, Carly!

We're full of kittens at the shelter at the moment so I do get a kitten fix. But in a way it makes it worse as I know I can't have any of them! Waaaah!

14. maisiecat

maisiecat PetForums VIP

I would so much love to get another cat, any cat would do as long as it liked other cats, so that Bob could have a friend, but I can't. I know he likes cats, he follows them around.

The reason is Maisie, I insisted on taking her in when she decided to live with us because she needed a home, and I thought she would be the friend I wanted to get for Bob, she hates him and tries to beat him up through glass doors.

I have tried and tried to get them together, even so that she would tolerate him, but she isn't having it, she will not let any other cat near the house or near her.

Be very careful what you wish for ;)

15. alixtaylor

alixtaylor PetForums VIP

I know this feeling! Visiting my friend's stunning Russian Blue kitten definitely didn't help... :eek:

I'm sure your mum will come around eventually. You've picked two very lovely breeds to choose from!

16. JordanRose

Ah! Russian blues are scrummy :drool:

I've had to very reluctantly cross them off the list as apparently they can be quite domineering. I can't really take that risk. Such a shame as I adore the breed!

That must be so hard to live with!

It is a concern I have, at the back of my mind, that he wouldn't tolerate a friend. However, we used to have a cat visit our garden- a big unneutered tom at that- and there was no aggression whatsoever. He was a little wary, understandably, but they sunbathed together and mirrored eachother:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:001_wub:

I think it helped that Zebedee (that's what I called our visitor :eek: ) was as laid back as they come. A nice Raggie or Persian would be a similar temperament :)

17. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

I know a lovely Persian breeder - well, I say lovely, but she's really a cheeky mare who has been told she's getting a slap if she calls me Grandma again ( :eek: ), but she does have lovely kitties ;) :lol:

I wanna know what the new name is!! Is it unisex, or is there a slight variation depending on if its a Lady or a Sir??? :w00t:

18. JordanRose

:lol: This breeder sounds like a terrible tease- like someone who would post a cryptic thread about a certain congregation and leave people in the dark. Just because.

Is that right? If so, we're thinking of the same one! ;)

As for the name, I have a definite boy's name. It's been at the top of my list for ages but I don't want people to nab it- as silly as it sounds- so haven't mentioned it! Both breeders I've spoken to have told me I'd probably be looking at a boy so I've not thought as much about girl's names. However, my favourite girly name happens to be that of your 'first born' :)

19. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

And what a fine choice of name that would be :thumbup:

You can always PM me the name - theres no chance I am getting another one!!

I'm not sure if I would recommend a boy or not - Rowan is such a huge mummys boy, and Cedar is too, so they have these macho standoffs (well they have little girly patacake sessions :lol: ) when one of them is on my lap or next to me when the other one wants to be :laugh:

But then all the girls are very loving too - they all 5 groom each other and curl up with one another, even if they decide to have a hissy fit 2 minutes later!

Confuzzeling things are cats! :D

20. JordanRose

I have no preference, to be honest.

I've said to both breeders that it's the temperament I'm looking at. I don't care what colour they are, what sex, whether they're show quality- ped pets will do me!- I just want the right one. It could have two heads but if I have that 'this is the one' feeling, that's what matters.

As boys are typically a little more laid back, chances are I'd end up with another little dude. Time will tell!

I'll PM you the name now, too. I bet it'll be an anti-climax, as you'll think it's something really exciting :laugh:

#20 JordanRose, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice