Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Argh! Bloomin' OH over-reacitng!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by AmberNero, Apr 8, 2011.

1. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

We're at the In laws, and the dogs were having a nice play in the garden. I go in to get a glass of water, and when I come out my OH says 'Nero's hurt himself, he ran into the wall!' First thing I do is turn to Nero, who is holding up his back leg- I check his leg all over, gently pressing around his toes, knee, thighs, hips, then checking the movement- nothing, not a wince, a flinch or a whine.

I turn to my OH- how hard did he hit the wall, I ask-
    'he went into it and I heard a crack' he says-
    I go white and turn back to Nero- is he hiding a break somewhere? No- he's stopped holding his leg up by now as well, since I 'rubbed it better'

'Was is a crack or a thump?' I ask
    'crack, thump, whats the difference?' he shrugs
    'A crack is a broken leg, a thump is a bruise' I yell, still panicking

I've been watching him like a hawk. I think he'll have a bruise, but nothing major. If he starts showing discomfort later we'll take him to the vets, but I really think he's fine. I tried to get him to lie down and take it easy but he wanted to chase Amber, and was walking and running well- I brought him inside anyway as I'm a worry-wart. Just annoyed at the other half for 'bigging up' the bump to make it sound worse. What a ridicuolous thing to do! :mad:

grump grump grump. I worry enough about my boy without this sillyness from the OH. Nero is having his big dental on Monday so all my nerves are on edge about him anyway. At least Amber-bamber is alright :rolleyes:

2. MissBexi

MissBexi PetForums VIP

God I know exactly how you feel.. Thank god Nero is ok :) Think my fiance knows now not to over-react with things cause I worry about my pups enough as it is.
    Hope his dental goes well :)

AmberNero likes this.
  3. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Im glad I'm not alone in my over-worry habit! The OH is meant to be the calm one! The one that stops me from literally wrapping them in cotton wool! :lol:

4. MissBexi

MissBexi PetForums VIP

I've considered the Cotton Wool but Bailey would eat it lol.

5. shells

shells PetForums VIP

oh dear dozzy oh at least your boy is ok i hope his dental goes ok xx

AmberNero likes this.
  6. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Thanks for the well-wishing about the dental :) He's having all of his teeth out, bless him. He was playing with Amber today- both had one side each of a neon pink frisbee and were wagging their tales, lurching all over the garden like a two-bummed beast! :lol: At least he's getting some good play-time in while he's got his teeth :thumbup:

Bit sad though- I had to stop them playing like that as his gums started bleeding all over the place and it makes his mouth very sensitive afterwards :( Poor baby. I had the vets on the phone for half an hour asking them about the procedure, the anaesthetic, the timing, the sedatives, everything I could think of, everything I'm worrying about.

Amber's going to stay with my friend and her four dogs while Nero recovers, for a couple of days. And this SUnday is her Gotcha day, Monday is Nero's vets day. All happening at once :( I hope I don't spoil Amber special day by worrying about Nero.

7. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Isn't it funny one minute they are screaming blue murder and refusing to walk the next minute they are running round as if nothing has happened.

8. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Oh no poor you and poor Nero. I hope all goes well for him on Monday (no wonder your nerves are on edge).

OH are hopeless. One day last year when I was instructing (which is the only time he walks my dogs) he went off down the paddock into the bottom field with my three, only to return about five minutes later. Even from a distance I could see the youngster was limping and when they got closer I could also see blood on her face as well. He'd apparently just got through the bottom gate and let them all off the lead and the youngster was chasing one of the others and smashed straight into a tree. I must have told him hundreds of times that the youngster stays on the lead until they've been round the field at least once. The class said the colour just drained from my face and they thought I was going to kill him........

AmberNero likes this.
  9. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Oh my gosh :eek: makes my whining seem silly! That really would have made me wring my OH's neck! How scary! Mind you, for intelligent animals dogs do seem to run into things a lot. Last year BOTH of mine ran into a fence...Completely baffled as how they managed it- at the same time- with the garden spotlight on, and they're meant to be SIGHT hounds! :rolleyes: Who knows!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice