Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Are your dogs ever fearful of silly dogs?!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Becki&Daisy, May 20, 2010.

1. Becki&Daisy

Becki&Daisy PetForums Senior

By 'silly' I mean that, your dog has no reason to be fearful of them!
    Daisy will play and sniff great big massive dogs. No problem.
    Alot of the time she'll go and introduce herself to every dog she can find in the park.

The other day however, she was crying and screaming! because of the cutest little 16week old english bulldog pup! It was the funniest thing ever! The puppy was bouncing over just trying to say hello, wasn't getting in Daisy's face, very clumsy.... I've never seen a dog look so harmless in all my life! haha

2. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Ooohh, big/muscley puppies are a big no no to my lot!!:D Also bouncy dogs. I can see where they are coming from though. Small dogs are often fearful of getting hurt and rightly so in some cases.
    We saw a gorgeous young English Pointer last week and he came bounding over only to be greeting by a trio of yapping, growling dogs! He was sent away with a flea in his ear and when he walked up calmly later they had a sniff and a little walk together quite friendly.:D

3. Becki&Daisy

haha aww its funny isnt it!!

4. Vicki

Vicki PetForums VIP

My dogs think that dogs with clothes are a bit strange and they don't want anything to do with them. And sometimes I can't really blame them. My older dog is not very fond of poodles with fancy haircuts either.

My previous dog didn't know that chihuahuas were dogs. On a walk we saw a woman with 5 chihuahuas who were barking like crazy at my dog. And even if the chihuahuas were right in front of her she was turning her head trying to find out where the barking dogs were :D

5. Becki&Daisy

HAHA how funny! :D :p

6. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

In our case the title should read, 'Are your dogs ever fearful?'

I'd say not! ;)

Crikey if they were I'd want my money back!:lol:

7. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Given that Adam's last encounter with a 'silly' dog (running and bouncing around) resulted in 2 vet visits and a month of restricted exercise whilst his leg healed Im quite happy for mine to be abit fearful.;)

8. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

you should've taken your camera and taped it all hon it sounds so funny.

Silly girl its a baby lol

9. sunshine80

sunshine80 PetForums VIP

Sonny's a bit like this as well. He is usually the one that gets over excited and bouncy when ever he sees another dog and some of them stay well clear of him (rightly so I do not let him go over if he is too bouncy). At times he seems to be more cautious the first time I had him at agility there was this labradoodle there that he wanted to go and see - she came right up to him and batted him with her paw (it was soo funny as this is what Sonny usually does to dogs larger then him - he is only a cocker) and he backed away pretty quick. I told him it served him right as he had a taste of what he was like. He went back over later and wanted to play with the dog though but the women did not let the labradoodle as she said it was being bad :( - they both wanted to play - I think she was scared that Sonny would get hurt but he would have given as good as he got. He also does the opposite and wants to go and met dogs he should stay well clear off. There can be a dog growling and snarling or stalking him (a collie did this to him once) and he will want to play with them.

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Dixie is scared of puppies!!
    She hides behind me and growls, and if they dont leave her alone she tries to climb up my legs!!!
    She hates puppies climbing on her so much that she still hates Tess (now almost a year old) because ONCE she jumped on Dixie's back!

11. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

When Otto was younger (and smaller) I was out waklking him and we came across a Great Dane and its owners.

Otto play bowed at the Dane as he did to most dogs at the time. The Dane play bounced back and Otto shot behind my legs!

I don't think Otts had really expected such a big dog to want to play with him!

I made Otto come out from hiding and play with the Dane (which was only about a year old so still a big puppy really) before we went our seperate ways. After all, it's rude to ask a dog to play then hide from it!

12. Becki&Daisy

haha i cannot explain exactly how cute and tiny this puppy was! Daisy is a small dog and she looked big! haha
    wish i had filmed it now!
    She was so cute - the puppy. she gave up with daisy and just flopped down on her back on my feet expecting a tummy rub.. of course i obliged.. haha ;)

13. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

by doing that she probably communicated with Daisy 'oh you are a silly brat. Fine i'll go talk to your mum she has nice manners lol'

aw cute!! Wish all dogs would do that to me :) Some do pound up to me and ask for a nice pat and then run off lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice