Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Are you on Vista, XP or something else?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jazzy, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I like XP but had to buy a new computer because my old one keeps crashing all the time but the only snag is it's vista and I've heard a lot of people saying it's rubbish, is that true? My son has a Vista computer and he thinks it's okay but just wondered what everyone else thought.:confused:

Also does anyone know if when I set it up what I will have to do to get the internet - is it just a case of plugging the wire in the back of the tower and running the wizard thingy? My computer is connected directly to the internet but my son and daughter have wireless desktops upstairs so I'm wondering if setting up the new computer will lose their connection.:confused: I hope not anyway.:eek: I remember when my computer went in for mending that they didn't lose their internet then but what confuses me is that when the router isn't plugged in I can't get on the internet so my computer must need the router somehow.:confused:

2. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Vista, but I think XP was much easier to use.

#2 Happy Paws2, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2009
  3. kath123

kath123 Guest

im on vista too, am used to XP so takes a bit of getting used too!!

4. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

A lot of people who got vista when it first came out said that it was rubbish.
    Mainly because things that said they were compatible with Vista, like games and pen drives and other software, weren't downloading at all and had nothing but trouble.

I got Vista quite early and had a few problems, but now that all other software seems to be up to date I have no trouble at all, I quite like it.

I have a netbook which has XP and I sometimes find it annoying now cos going to change settings and things is different lol.
    x

5. petjeffery

petjeffery PetForums Member

hi there vista is ok i have it the internet is easy to set up run your wiard or the disk that comes with it and of you go im with virgin and all i had to do was plug the rj45 in and of it went that easy if you need any more advice let me know

6. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

It depends on which computer your router runs from. If your computer is the "host" computer they will loose connection temporarily but once you're set up they will be back in action. You will need to know your router username and password settings before you hook it up to another computer though. Your phone provider will have them for you if you don't.

Vista is ok. I've never had a problem with it but I only use it for personal uses. We have XP and work and I don't think that will ever change.

Wonderful Sony supplied a "turnback" cd with my new Vaio. It came preinstalled with Vista but the CD will turn it back to XP when I want.

If you're only using your computer for general purpose use Vista will be fine.

7. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I'm on Vista although my old laptop is running XP and I'm keeping it :D

I found Vista easy to use - although any questions I had got referred to my son who has been using it for ages :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice