Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Are you nosey

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by suewhite, Apr 12, 2011.

1. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

I've just fallen off the toilet which I had stood on to get a look at what my neighbours were doing as couldnt see by just nosing out the window,also last week someone was in the supermarket on there mobile and it sounded quite interesting so I pretended I was looking for something so I could listen,my nose should be 3ft long I"m so nosey:eek:

2. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

lol falling...thats karma that :p

no im not that nosey when it comes to neibourghs or strangers for that matter, i am when it comes to OH though...but its his fault. When my phone goes off he always asks who it is, so ive started doing it back to him and its really peeing him off hahahahaha he will learn his lesson!!

3. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

No I'm not a nosey but my neighbours are they always coming round asking what going on and the one next door told me when the world ends I'm going to hell ya for me lol :eek: but I don't mind nosey people at least if something bad was going on they would be someone about to help hey lol

4. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I am very nosey, I can't help it.

Where we used to live their was a couple of police cars outside a neighbours house. I was just getting in to my car but not looking at what I was doing as I was trying to see what was going on ..... as I bent forward I misjudged where my car was & smacked my head on the car roof.

It actually knocked me backwards & I ended up on the floor. The police & my neighbour all looked over as the bang was so loud :eek:

5. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Where I live, it's in my best interests to be nosey!!!

The question is "Is it being nosey or is it taking an interest in what is going on around you?"

If you were being 'nosey' and prevented a crime being committed as a result, would your neighbours then call you nosey?

It's all about perspective. :D

6. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Ha Ha love it, i do it when ime out always telling Oh to shhhh cos ime listening in to someones convo.

I have to confess i listened in to my eldest sons conversation he was having in his bedroom on the phone years ago and that stopped me doing it for quite a while:eek::D:D

7. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I think Im kinda in the middle. I do try and peer into next doors garden sometimes to see if I can see their dog, the invisible GSD!:rolleyes: But I dont look outside if I hear things going on out the front. If it gets really exciting the police get called and I dont want to get involved in chav politics, ta very much!:)
    TBH Hannah is way nosier then me. She stands out in the garden for ages earwigging on people and if I pick her up to see over the fence her head is going turning left to right. Also she is always falling off the kerb and once walked into a lamp-post coz she is too nosy to watch wear she is walking..LOL:D

8. rona

rona Guest

No. I couldn't care less what other people are up to unless it affects me directly

9. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Very :eek: :eek: although from now on I'm going to go with Moggybaby's spin on it ... taking an interest on whats going on around me ;)

10. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

LOL, me & my OH were in a restaurant a few months ago & the couple on the next table were arguing but trying not to make it obvious.

We couldn't help but end up ear wigging - I almost wanted to join in the row by the end as the bloke was such a tw@t :D

11. wiley80

wiley80 Guest

I wouldnt say i'm nosey,i simply like to know whats going on around me...it tickles me when you are talking to someone and then they say "i'm not being nosey or anything but..."
    When clearly they are,lol...i say "forgive me for being nosey but..." :D

12. wiley80

wiley80 Guest

Really??? not at all??? :confused:

13. rona

rona Guest

No not at all, honestly

14. wiley80

wiley80 Guest

Good on you Rona :)

15. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

I'm with Moggybaby on this one, it's just taking an interest in society in general ;)

Mind you I've never fallen off a toilet before nosing on the neighbours :eek:hmy:

16. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

No I'm not nosey- definitely not :nono:

Inquisitive - yes :001_smile:

Interested- yes :001_smile: but nosey no :D:D:D

17. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, You might as well admit it,You're all nosey no matter what spin you like to put on it or what you like to call it!, you're women and it goes with the territory lol, there's no one more nosey than my OH, if she see's a police car or ambulance come into the street she's in the window curtain twitching. wayne.

18. Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper

Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper PetForums Member

yes and proud to admit being VERY nosey - but i have never fallen off a toilet seat or banged my head. nor listened into a telephone call..... but i do listen to work colleagues through doors, over staircases, and spy when they read emails!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

i would never gossip though...:blink:

i am not a mrs mangle...

however i have been known to set traps for 'gossips' just to make a point anonomously. Can't stand a gossip!

19. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Now I tried to not read the thread just to prove to myself I wasn't......epic fail :( :lol:

Em
    xx

#19 Eroswoof, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2011
  20. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Ime not nosey, i just like to take an interest in what people are saying and doing.:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice