UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Hahaaa xxx

My married name is Finch and I asked my OH if we should call our children

Bull
Chaff

or my favourite... Half :D

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
A friend of mine has the surname King, her son is called Wayne:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Never liked to ask why:D:D

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
My kids used to have a teacher who was genuinely called Paul Hiscock - poor man taught at senior school as well :rolleyes:

I had a friend at school who's last name was Gay - as soon as he was old enough he changed it to Grey (although I'm sure now he gets teased just as much for bing Mr Grey ;) )

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
My sister went to school with someone called Annette Curtin. I also knew a H. Arlott. My friend's husband is called Robin Banks - He is a policeman!

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
My brother used to know a Joe King. At the time, a comic strip of the same name started in The Beano too. And unbeknown to us, the editor of the Beano had a rather embarrassing name. His surname was Kerr.
His first Euan. :eek:
My brother knew someone with the surname Winn or Win who lived up to his name, if there was a promotion on something, he would win most of the time.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
The woman who ran the local lottery around here years ago was called Mrs Mainprize. It's such a common name in the area that I wouldn't even have thought anything but it was mentioned on THAT'S LIFE. (Which shows how long ago it was!)

·
Super Moderator
12,000 Posts
When he was in nursery, my nephew had a teacher called Mrs Cockburn. :eek:

They called her Miss Coburn instead.

After reading some of those, I'll never ever complain about my surname again :lol: :lol:

ETA: After the fits of laughter caused by those names mentioned in The Sun, Milly was so worried about my mental state she personally came up and got right in my face so I had some physical support :001_wub:

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
Willie Stroker made me spit out my tea!! :yikes::laugh:

Not the same thing, as they're not people but I know somebody who had two guinea pigs named Itchy and Scratchy.

They didn't think about their surname and were horrified when the vet shouted out 'ITCHY AND SCRATCHY BEEVER' across a packed waiting room.

They were swiftly renamed Bill and Ben :laugh:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.