UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a vet to answer some questions for me. As part of an assignment i have to do a career study and the career is veterinary medicine. I would ideally like a vet to answer these but if you are a nurse then I'd love an insight into your job too because that is another option i have considered.

I tried local vets but they were all too busy and i have had no reply from my emails so i thought i would try here.:)

Here are the questions if you are interested in helping me out.

1.What does a vet do?

2.What skills do you need?

3.What qualities do you need?

4.What are the career prospects?

5.What are the different pathways to pursue a career in veterinary medicine?

6.Which pathway did you choose and why?

7.Which pathway would you recommend?

8.What qualifications and training are needed?

9.Are these qualifications recognized internationally?

10.What salary does a typical vet get?

11.Do you enjoy your work?

12.What are your work hours like?

13.Is your job very stressful at times?

14.What is the training like?

15.Did you/would you like to do any other courses after your initial course in veterinary medicine was finished? If so,what did you do?

You can answer them here or PM me if you like. And if you don't feel comfortable answering a question then thats not a problem just skip it.:)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Could you maybe arrange a bit of work experience with your vet practice or to spend and hour or two with them? That would enable you to do your research first hand.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I would take this questions in to some vets and speak to them, you will get alot more info that way. Or even send them in to the vets by post or email.

Work experience would be a good way to ask lots of questions and you will understand alot more

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried to get work experience but they wont take me on until i can get a note from the school to say that its for LCVP and i cant get a note until april because thats when all the LCVP classes are doing it.

I did try emailing them and going into the receptions but i have had no email replies and they were busy when i went in.

And we don't know any vets personally or even anybody close to the area. My other options were dog trainers or army dog handlers but i hit a dead end there too.

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
I'm looking for a vet to answer some questions for me. As part of an assignment i have to do a career study and the career is veterinary medicine. I would ideally like a vet to answer these but if you are a nurse then I'd love an insight into your job too because that is another option i have considered.

I tried local vets but they were all too busy and i have had no reply from my emails so i thought i would try here.:)

Here are the questions if you are interested in helping me out.

1.What does a vet do?

2.What skills do you need?

3.What qualities do you need?

4.What are the career prospects?

5.What are the different pathways to pursue a career in veterinary medicine?

6.Which pathway did you choose and why?

7.Which pathway would you recommend?

8.What qualifications and training are needed?

9.Are these qualifications recognized internationally?

10.What salary does a typical vet get?

11.Do you enjoy your work?

12.What are your work hours like?

13.Is your job very stressful at times?

14.What is the training like?

15.Did you/would you like to do any other courses after your initial course in veterinary medicine was finished? If so,what did you do?

You can answer them here or PM me if you like. And if you don't feel comfortable answering a question then thats not a problem just skip it.:)

Thanks in advance!
Dont know if this will help/get you started a lot of your questions should be answered on the RCVS website if you explore that

Home - RCVS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.