Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Are we Hygiene conscious enough????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ladywiccana, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

This day and age with swine flu and goodness knows what else there is about, do you think we are doing enough????

2. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

i think sometimes we are to clean ... :eek: so we dont build up antibodies to the bad bugs not sure were it all will end up ,i mean people are walking around towns with the masks on already
    im taking no chances though so wash my hands wherever theres a sink , plus ive just bought some handwash to carry around with me ... as i work in retail so im handling money all day thats been in peoples pockets hanging around with hankies! :eek::eek:
    julie xx

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I used to work with cooked and raw food so my hygiene is amazing and I still caught it :(

4. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Some of us are trying - but there are still idiots on the tube who use a tissue to cover their mouths or noses when they sneeze & they grab on a rail. So i try not to hold on when i don't have to & if i do, don't touch my eyes, nose or mouth until i have washed my hands.

I've also got the gel & if i sneeze (into a tissue) i clean my hands afterwards.

5. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I would be! work gave me a hand cleaner to keep in the car as I visit loads of doctors surgerys every day, cant get the top off it tho! lol

6. Well I have to confess! I am not being extra careful! also I am a bit of of a mockerty mare!!! if you saw my kitchen somedays! and my dogs counter surfing you'd never even hav a drink here! But my old nan used to say! A bit of muck never hurt anyone!!

7. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

But isn't flu airbourne?

8. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Yes it is thats why we cover our mouths and noses when we sneeze, but if you dont clean your hands afterwards and then touch something it can be caught off that.

9. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I always carry a small bottle of anti-bacterial gel around with me and I've got a larger bottle in the house but I've been doing this for a while even before swine flu came around :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice