Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

are u a landlord?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jessiegirl, Jun 12, 2010.

1. jessiegirl

jessiegirl PetForums Senior

honestly!!!!:mad: do all landlords take the p1ss or what!

i hear so many stories of tenants being RIPPED OFF by these scum!! its unbelievabe!!!!

have u heard any stories?

someone i know is trying to move out of his rented place....but the landlord is being arsy about it. his cooker broke and landlord refuses to pay for it to be fixed. im pretty sure its landlords job to sort stuff like that out!

then theres the landlord for next door. as ive said before, she cut down the conifers that were fencing the back garden , now theres nothing and she had the cheek to ask if MY landlord was gonna fence it up!

well she cut them down so SHE should put fencing back up!!! nothing to do with my landlord!

its been like 6 months and still hasnt done anything!!!

i cant wait to get out of here!

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I had a terrible landlord :( But he was my OHs friend and wasn't a 'proper' landlord. We had no tenancy agreement.

He was charging us £500 a month for a 2 bedroom house that had a leaking toilet, damp in the walls, severely outdated kitchen and loads of other problems.

I had enough in the end as it was making me ill and we found the house we're living in now.

My OHs 'friend' (the landlord) tried everything to make us stay, even telling my OH I was the problem and that I was poisoning his life :confused1: We moved out but he wanted to charge us £700 :eek: We paid our last rent, bought a new blind because Candy broke the old one and moved.

A few days later he was at our door effing and blinding threatening to get the 'boys' etc We had to get the police involved and we haven't heard from him since.

3. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

Yep have heard some awful stories from people who rent :( No electric no gas!! Its scandallous and theres no need really:mad:

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

To be fair each property is usual responsible for a boundary line. Maybe that side is down to your landlord to fence??
    If its any consolation I jipped my last landlord out of his final payment and left the carpets infested with cat flea's!!:lol: Tut, students eh??!!:rolleyes:

5. Savahl

Savahl Guest

iv had more problems with estate agents than the landlord itself!

The last one was holding back our rent so the landlord thought we regularly paid late, we had to prove to her in the end we were paying on time, cos the estate agents were holding back our deposit. In the end we paid straight to her when we left, so she could get the security dep off the agents as we "hadnt paid" as far as they were concerned.

It took her 7 weeks to get the deposit upon our moving out

6. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

We rent our house in the UK out, through a letting agency. So far so good. We were a bit picky and what can and can't be done. ie no pictures to be put on the wall apart from where there are existing hooks. So far only been a few issues, but they have been easily sorted. We allowed mature pets, as we had just recarpeted throughout, and didn;t want piddle puddles. :D

We would hate to be thought badly of. There are some decent ones out there :)

7. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

I'm a landlord and don't particulary like it. But we have good tenants and we finally convinced them a pet would be fine, so they got a kitten from one of the rescues....I will be cat sitting at christmas while they go home....Jill

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice