Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Are there any woodworkers.advice please

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Creativecat, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Creativecat

Creativecat PetForums Senior

image.jpg image.jpg
    Here's some rusty cats iv been shaping but
    Why I ask is that I'm looking for a drill type cutter that would suffice in my needs just not sure what tool wood would be a good all rounder I'm
    making more shaped items for my craft stall at the moment I'm just using a jigsaw and drill bits that's awkward and cumbersome . I can shape items to a degree
    But need something that can cut intricate . Any help or advice would be greatfull

#1 Creativecat, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  2. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

A router similar to the one featured any good?

They're a bit like a profile cutter/milling machine for wood and you could cut 3D detail/relief into your work....
    [​IMG]

FeelTheBern and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

Zaros likes this.
  4. Creativecat

Thanks zaros
    They are ok for certain abilities but hard to view where I am drilling or. Cutting but was thinkin more of a hand held craft drill tool maybe. My dad had a dremmel type tool when I was a kid they look similar to a hand blender shape that can be angled for tight corners . Maybe I shud look more into craft wood turning shaping type outlets . But appreciate all the good advice given by fellow members ;0)

Zaros likes this.
  5. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

I have no idea of the cost of a Dremmel in your neck of the woods, but here they're...HOW BLOODY MUCH!:Jawdrop And you don't even get any tools with it. They're sold separately for...HOW BLOODY MUCH!:Jawdrop

However I bought a truck load of tools, some years ago when we bought a wooden shed to live in, and although I had toyed with the idea of purchasing a Dremmel, I thought the money would be far better spent on some other device.

A couple of years ago I happened to drop into Lidl to see what they had to offer in the way of hand tools. Well now, what do you know, they had a Parkside product, including carry case with full range of accessories for €60.00. which was a saving of €80.00 on the Dremmel and accessory kit.

So I bought it.:)

And I still haven't used it yet.:D

Creativecat likes this.
  6. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

for light work a fretsaw?

[​IMG]

Creativecat and kittih like this.
  7. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

or to "power up" a bandsaw/jigsaw?

Creativecat likes this.
  8. Greydrift

Greydrift PetForums Member

If these lovelies are to be the base templates for future multiple 'cut outs'... then it might be worth making enquiries to a third party about laser cutting. They would take your templates and cut multiple copies from the substrate of your choice.

Creativecat likes this.
  9. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Creativecat and Zaros like this.
  10. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

Are you cutting the same shape over and over, if you are the Router would be great, make a template and your good to go.

Zaros likes this.
  11. Creativecat

Well tbh I draw them free hand and they would be not from a template as there all slightly unique with different sizes but maybe the jigsaw Is the best option I guess maybe learn to use my jigsaw more efficiently but thanks for all the info ;0) god bless

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice