Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Are new arrival

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by chesca13, Mar 25, 2011.

1. chesca13

chesca13 PetForums Member

Last night we picked up our new member of the family a little Tabby boy called Noodles(OH picked the name), he is getting on well with his big sister Rhubarb just a bit of hissing and bopping on the head with paws(from both sides) Only thing is he has a poorly tummy, his poop is very soft almost diarrhea this morning and was sick last night only a little bit (not even a teaspoon full) we have a vets appointment for 2.40 today but just wondered if anyone had any advice could it be just because of the upset in his life? Also i havent seen him eat(not sure about in the night, couldnt tell from the bowl if any had gone or not) he is drinking water, the woman i got him from was feeding him whiskers kitten biscuits she said she had tried the 5 kittens on the kitten meat but it had upset their tummys so was just feeding them the biscuits. Any help would be great, ive never had this problem before Rhubarb has never had anything like this.

Attached Files:

#1 chesca13, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

What a cutie!
    Congratulations!

3. 2lisa2

2lisa2 PetForums VIP

hes lovely hope everything goes well at the vets :)

4. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww a whittle baby paws :001_tt1: hope all goes well at the vets :) x

5. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

Cute little kitty.
    I am sure he is finding things very strange right now. Give him a few days to settle into its new loving home and everything will be normal. It is good you are seeing a vet just to make sure Noodles is okay.

Have a good life little Noodles

6. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Awwww what a little honey bun. :001_wub: Ya just gotta fall in lurve with kittens - it's compulsory. :D

I'm sure the vet will give you lots of info later which will help. It might just be a bit of stress at the big change in his little life. Sometimes it can take kittens a few days to settle & adapt.

Please keep us updated on his progress & plenty more piccies are requested.

7. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

8. Ruggy

Ruggy PetForums Junior

Sounds like when I got my pair. Turned out to be a combination of the change in environment, crap food and worms! Got them both wormed and went onto Purina Pro Plan and they've never looked back.

Gorgeous cat - good luck at the vets!

9. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

He is lovely :D

hopefully things get sorted out at the vet!! :)

10. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

have just read your thread hun after pm you back..noodles....love the name
    will pm you again when i am on my lunch xx

hes gorgeous xx :)

11. honeysmummy

How did Noodles get on at vets ? xx

12. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Hope all went well at the vets with your little sweetie :)

13. jenny armour

jenny armour PetForums VIP

love the name, hope you enjoy him

14. chesca13

Right this is my 5th attempt at posting a reply thanks to 8 little paws....
    Thank you all for your comments. There will be lots of photos, i will put some on in a minute, OH has took loads on his phone will get them on when he gets home from work.
    Everything went fine at the vets, he is a healthy little boy, vet said the runny poop was more than likely to do with his little world being turned upside down and meeting Rhubarb but he gave me some worming stuff just incase and the last one he did looked as though it was getting better, not quite as runny. As for the eating he's had a few biscuits throughout the day since my first post but then about half 7 he had a good hand full.
    So things are looking good, they both fell asleep in the living room after we got back from the vets for about 2 hours and when they woke up it must of been at least an hour before we had a hiss from Rhubarb, they seem to be bonding well and she was eating her dinner right next to him jumping about playing with a mouse and they have had a few 'kisses' :001_wub: some nose to nose rubbing. Think the last 24 hours have been tougher on me than them i am in desperate need of my bed :sleep: just realised it says 'are' new arrival and it should be 'our', these two little fluffballs have scrambled my mind today.

15. honeysmummy

Good to hear that...was getting worried :)

I can so relate to the scrambled brains bit....i lost weight the first week after we bought Indy home !!...i didnt have bloody time to eat :eek:

So glad all was ok with vet...and really pleased Rhubarb and Noodles are making friends...the signs are brilliant that they are starting to accept each other....i know you were just as nervous as i was about getting a 2nd cat :D:D

Get some sleep and i am looking forward to some more piccies tomorrow

Night xx

ps....bet you do a jig in the kitchen when Noodles does his first solid poo ;)
    sorry :eek: but true !!!

16. chesca13

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]
    This was last night, both fast asleep, dont think thats bad them both being happy enough to sleep near each other (please ignore the manky carpet :eek: it was the only one we couldn't get done when we moved in 'cause that room was a bit of a dumping ground)

[​IMG]
    He loves that little mouse, i took a video as well will try and putthat on tomorrow.

Well OH is home now and upstairs helping little Noodles burn off some energy(he had a 5 min nap so he is re-charged and ready to go), me and Rhubarb are going to watch some tv in peace then its off to bed to start all over again in the morning :Yawn:

17. honeysmummy

he is gorgeous :D:D:D:D

looks like he is right at home already...love the piccie of them both sleeping by and on you

get some rest xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice